[SOLVED: BAD PSU] -- PC Problem Advances to Stage II, even better! Win7 fails to start normal mode but safe modes work

Have you attempted to run 1 stick of RAM to see if it's a bad stick?

I see your motherboard supports the use of the integrated GPU via HDMI on the i7 3770K you have. You can pull your video card out and unplug it from the power supply to rule out the video card being your issue. If issues go away, it could still be the power supply not being able to supply the video card with the power and it will be fixed once you get your new power supply.

I suppose your new PSU will show if it's a power issue. Safe mode uses minimal power, so I wouldn't be discoraged that you can get into that mode but not regular mode.

Well if it will run in safe mode then try this.

Download this boot CD

http://falconfour.com/projects/7

Boot from CD and it will eliminate any issue you will have by booting into the OS from hard drive. Then scan the system for malware and Virus's with all the programs that are built into the boot CD. there are many things you can do with this cd and it something everyone should have.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know newegg is in city of industry, so I ordered it yesterday and it came at about 7pm today, I had to go buy some keyboard cleaner to dust some of the parts and things out to try and clean it up and I installed the new PSU along with all the new cables, and viola, it has seemingly (being careful not to jinx myself) "made the issue of my normal log-on not occur this instance" and we'll see if it stays that way once I boot after putting everything inside the case all nice and closing it up.

PS: Thermaltake can eat a cock!

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Solved: It was the PSU.

have you jiggled the power cord?

I was waiting for this. Thank you.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm indeed, the power cord... :spiteful::spiteful:

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived