Sundown Audio

Is there really this big of an increase in quality?

dawgs007

Yes sir. Thanks to all you guys. May seem like you were feeding common information to me but it was all basic stuff that I didn't know. Luckily I do now. I had no problems wiring stereos up, so who would've thought I'd be braindead when it came to setting them up lol :coolugh:

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

Yes sir. Thanks to all you guys. May seem like you were feeding common information to me but it was all basic stuff that I didn't know. Luckily I do now. I had no problems wiring stereos up, so who would've thought I'd be braindead when it came to setting them up lol :coolugh:

The average person who goes and buys the equipment, and installs it at home doesn't actually know how to set it up the right way.... The same can be said for half of the shop installers out there, browse around and you'll find plenty of horror stories lol. But at least you've learned a bit and took a big step forward tonight before your subs took a dump on ya.

The average person who goes and buys the equipment, and installs it at home doesn't actually know how to set it up the right way.... The same can be said for half of the shop installers out there, browse around and you'll find plenty of horror stories lol. But at least you've learned a bit and took a big step forward tonight before your subs took a dump on ya.

Luckily, I got them on a steal. $200 for 2 12" P3's in ported box w/ RF R1200.1. Wouldn't have been out too much, but I'm beyond thankful that nothing happened.

Backups:

Being able to wire up a system and being able to tune a system are completely different. I feel I have reach a point in my life where wiring up a system is quite simple, but I'm sure I still have more learning to do when it comes to properly tuning and setting up a system.

I'm a little stubborn, I'll admit that, but I am learning, slow as it may be. LOL

Being able to wire up a system and being able to tune a system are completely different. I feel I have reach a point in my life where wiring up a system is quite simple, but I'm sure I still have more learning to do when it comes to properly tuning and setting up a system.

I'm a little stubborn, I'll admit that, but I am learning, slow as it may be. LOL

Amen. I'm not too stubborn (on here at least), but I have a hard time on certain stuff... luckily wiring it up with the other components was easy because that's what would've really racked up the $$$

Backups:

And just food for thought here...Everyone says to tune amps with dd-1. Well what did everyone do before the dd-1? It's like everything before that was wrong.

i thought about that. I don't know the proper procedure though to do it without a dd-1

Backups:

And just food for thought here...Everyone says to tune amps with dd-1. Well what did everyone do before the dd-1? It's like everything before that was wrong.

Oscilloscopes, and also the "clamp test" method to match voltage to what your amp says it should put out. Oscilloscopes can be pretty expensive and not as easy to use as the dd-1.

WTF? Hybrid parking? Really? What the hell is going on with these smug bastards?! I want gas guzzler parking right up front so i dont have to circle the parking lot 40 times and ruin the enviroment.

i thought about that. I don't know the proper procedure though to do it without a dd-1

here's a video Steve did showing the dd-1 alongside an O-Scope.

WTF? Hybrid parking? Really? What the hell is going on with these smug bastards?! I want gas guzzler parking right up front so i dont have to circle the parking lot 40 times and ruin the enviroment.

Archived