Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need enclosure help for 2001 ws6. Dc lvl 3 / AQ 1200d


hzsogood

Recommended Posts

Posted

old box wont fit in the new car.. wondering on tuning and box recommendations for my 01 trans am.. All stock electrical, 4 awg wire, a single dc lvl 3 12 running off a aq1200d @ 2 ohm

no idea on this box design as i havent ever built anything other than a standard cube enclosure.. no idea where the sub/port should be facing etc..

Obviously any help would be awesome ":)

Posted

What are the max dimensions you gat do work with.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

I'll take some measurements when I get home. But its a little goofy. Anyone who has seen the area knows what I'm talking about.

Not sure if I want to go with my single 12 ( old version 600 RMS lvl 3 ) or get a pair of 10s that might match my amp better.

But as for now just looking for ideas

Posted

I don't recall the back of a TA very well, but if it's anything like the Camaros in those years it's a PITA to build an enclosure around. I'm assuming you're wanting an MDF box and not glass right?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I don't recall the back of a TA very well, but if it's anything like the Camaros in those years it's a PITA to build an enclosure around. I'm assuming you're wanting an MDF box and not glass right?

Yea. I know there are some prefab companies out there. But I would like to do this on my own.. Hoping I can find an idea, then use some aeroports , since it seems like a slot port might be a little tricky.. Then again maybe not..

Any links to a good free box builder / tuning calculator?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4297 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...