Second Skin Audio

Need help with a box design for dual SA8-V2 with specs

SAaudioUser

Post max dimensions for the box and explain what is good to you, loud, low, sound quality, space saving, etc.

the trunk size 11.8 (cu ft) A= width - 41" B= height 18" im from the Caribbean and i mostly listen to (reggae, trap, hip-hop rap music,dancehall) and i'll like a box that wouldn't take up the space of my entire trunk , this is my first time doing

30vkn0y.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190540-need-help-with-a-box-design-for-dual-sa8-v2/?fromsearch=1

How many damned threads are you going to start asking for a box design???

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

If you didn't like the box in the other thread here is another suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

2sa8.jpg

2-8sfpf_zpsf90d4193.jpg

thank you, whats angle at the front of the port, along with the other 2 ? also the inner square between the two cutouts, whats the dimension for that ?

I wouldn't recommend a smaller box since you are sourcing below rated power, if anything it could be larger to increase efficiency, changed the sketch above so that it looks like the cutsheet specifies, bracing now is only one 1 1/4" diameter wooden dowel rod 7 1/2" long front to back as the new figure now shows, the slants you see inside the port at both ends and at the turn are 45 deg but you can round them instead of doing slants.

Archived