Second Skin Audio

Will I lose output if my port is not loading off anything close?

Syphlyn

Im running the same setup but I got an 08f150 and im running a hdc4 12 and sub up and port up works fine. just make sure to keep full attention to detail on the port cause port noise can be very aggravating. Joe designed me a box like this for mine and I messed up one port piece and it drove me nuts and now I got it fixed it works great. Sub up port up is fine in this application

08 Ford F150

Im running the same setup but I got an 08f150 and im running a hdc4 12 and sub up and port up works fine. just make sure to keep full attention to detail on the port cause port noise can be very aggravating. Joe designed me a box like this for mine and I messed up one port piece and it drove me nuts and now I got it fixed it works great. Sub up port up is fine in this application

Did you even try any other configurations?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Did you even try any other configurations?

For the sake of all this I think I might just build it the way Joe X suggested/designed. Test it out for a while and go from there. I don't mind building another box or two.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

For the design Joe X gave me. I have been tinkering around.

Here's the original:

wvJZ9Ly.png

Here's one with the width of the box changed slightly and the port height raised.

o6MbE3R.png

Small differences not sure if there's a benefit with one or the other. Would I have enough port area with either design? Not sure if I can fit more in lol.

really didn't have the time nor the money to. I did lay the box over on the driver side in the box to just try it out and didn't really get much more out of it. but I did consider doing sub up port back but couldn't get the seat out ( for some reason the passenger side rear seat is attached to the driver side seat and I would have to remove both to remove one.) Idk if his truck has the brackets on the floor board for the 2 separate seats but it would be hard to turn the box sideways toward the door due to the brackets being there and would cause an obstruction to the port

08 Ford F150

on the port I would go 2.75 to get 16sq of port

How does this look? Also any pics of your install, curious to see it.

AYSaEub.png

I can try. every time I do it doesn't work. That looks fine. when your building you first box theres going to be a lot of experimenting. It literally took me 4 tries to build a box for a singe 12 because I didn't fully understand ports.

08 Ford F150

I can try. every time I do it doesn't work. That looks fine. when your building you first box theres going to be a lot of experimenting. It literally took me 4 tries to build a box for a singe 12 because I didn't fully understand ports.

I've been doing research for months hopefully it turns out decent.

Okay get them pictures.

1) Upload to Imgur

2) Right click img

3) Copy URL

4) Click insert image on SMD forums when posting

5) Paste the image URL.

Done