Second Skin Audio

1 or 2 tens on 1000w?

Mr DeeBeez

ok. i know it will take some testing to see for myself. just wondering if 2 under powered would be better than one at its full potential. thank you for your input.

If you have two subs getting 1000 watts vs just one of the same subs getting 1000w the two subs together will definitely be louder.

this^^^^^ everytime i went from a single sub setup,to dual sub setup,same power,i always noticed a difference.

In your case , Two 10's will be louder. Think of it this way. SINGLE HDC10 1200RMS = 128DB / DUAL HDC10 600RMS = 128/129 DB. The extra .4-.9 db is caused by less energy being turned into heat because of more surface area for electrons to flow. Now if you doubled up on cone area and another 1200watt amp then expect the scientific 3db gain which will put you at 131db. This is just an example, and it will be audible but slightly. You will automatically notice cleaner music though which sounds louder because the coils aren't being driven near or outside the coil gap. More motor force = more efficient power consumption from the amp.

Run two of them, although your only getting about 600 rms per sub your pushing more air, which means more spl in your case. That way you don't wind up building/buying two enclosures when you can just build/buy one enclosure for both 10s (highly recommend building your own) and upgrade your amp when you get the chance. That's what I would do.

ok cool. thank you guys very much for your input. i will put both in. and yes i will be building my own enclosure. Now just need to get a box design and get to building!!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived