Jump to content

processors recommendation


Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking for a processor to bring my system together. My first choice was a Rockford 3sixty.3 but the price is out my budget at the moment. Reason I like Rockford 3sixty.3 is the bluetooth capabilities, you can use the laptop or tablet to adjust the equalizer. My question is what would be your choice if u was in my shoes? I'm not familiar with all the other processors that out on the market that offers the same capabilities.

Also, I'm planning on running my system active. The lay out of the car is three tweeters in each pillar ( 6 total)

Three 6.5s in the driver and passenger doors, two 6.5s in each back door, four 6.5s in the rear panel powered by two 600 4 channel amps. With that said how many channels do I need?

2002 Nissan Altima v6 3.5

  • Four Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 15s
  • 5 Pairs DS18 Pro Audio X6.5BM
  • 3 Pairs DS18 Super Tweeters
  • Taramps TS2000x4 (Mids Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 6.4 (Tweeter Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 40.1 subs amp
  • Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
  • 3 shuriken batteries (BT-80 under the hood) (2 BT-120 in the trunk) with isolator
  • Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Excessive amperage H/O 225a
  • Alpine head unit
  • Lots of stinger deadener
Posted

Lol.. can I hear your reason why? And wat would be ur choice?

2002 Nissan Altima v6 3.5

  • Four Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 15s
  • 5 Pairs DS18 Pro Audio X6.5BM
  • 3 Pairs DS18 Super Tweeters
  • Taramps TS2000x4 (Mids Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 6.4 (Tweeter Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 40.1 subs amp
  • Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
  • 3 shuriken batteries (BT-80 under the hood) (2 BT-120 in the trunk) with isolator
  • Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Excessive amperage H/O 225a
  • Alpine head unit
  • Lots of stinger deadener
Posted

Not mine but he's a member on here and I'm sure he'd be more than happy of me to share... but...

"I'm on my 3rd one.
The last 2 right of the box, worked for an hour and then went SUPER glitchy...
Here's a list of the failure modes I've seen.
If it's user error I'll gladly admit fault, but I cant possibly see how
-upon power up, the remote LEDs are supposed to sweep and then one input LED and one preset. Sometimes I see only one LED. Sometimes 3 or 4 are lit...
-the master volume will jump to full with one click.
-the knob functions swap. Master volume changes to sub level and vise versa.
-programmed level and xover settings disappear and reappear with the next powerup.
-completely loses Bluetooth link with my iPad mini, randomly. I have to repeatedly re-pair them over and over.
-turning the knobs clockwise will sometimes turn the levels down rather then up.
-LEDs on remote sometimes just go out and stay out until a power cycle.
-knobs on remote stop functioning all together.

How's that for a starting list.....there's more too...

I've tried the hardware reset button, no help.
I've reflashed the software, no help.
Yes, I'm on the latest software. 1.3.8

My first unit died of a blinking red LED failure and only RF could fix it. RF reflashed the unit and returned it to me.
Crap out of the box so I returned it after a week.
The 3rd one is a different unit and is doing the same thing.

I've tried a replacement remote, no help."

There's another person I know that's said...

"All I know is I went through 5 360.2s. I'll never do another rf processor as long as I live." And I'm not sure if he meant the .2 or .3 but... yeah.

Not like we just "meh, pos". We do call RF up, get their help, send in for repair/replacement and... well, every person I know of that has or had one? Is going to go or has gone another route. As for what I suggest? Anything but. Lol. The 360.3 is a great tool if you can get it to work right (I know of 1 person out of about 5 that has, and he's sponsored/dealer/etc of RF) as great EQ, etc etc. I personally don't know what would compare to it... but there's Audison, Alpine, and few others.

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

Wow.. that's crazy! I'll keep wat u said in mind. Thanks

2002 Nissan Altima v6 3.5

  • Four Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 15s
  • 5 Pairs DS18 Pro Audio X6.5BM
  • 3 Pairs DS18 Super Tweeters
  • Taramps TS2000x4 (Mids Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 6.4 (Tweeter Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 40.1 subs amp
  • Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
  • 3 shuriken batteries (BT-80 under the hood) (2 BT-120 in the trunk) with isolator
  • Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Excessive amperage H/O 225a
  • Alpine head unit
  • Lots of stinger deadener
Posted

If you buy from an authorized dealer, You get manufacturer support. Every time Fosgate had a software glitch, they figure it out and allow the unit you bought from an authorized dealer to be reflashed for nothing, no cost. The manufacturer support is and should be worth something.

The 360.3 is one of the best factory integration/processors on the market. If you think it's expensive OP, you won't want to spend the cash on an Audison Bit1 or Bit10.

JBL has the MS-8 and Arc Audio has the PS-8. I know a friend locally that competes SQ and his Arc has been replaced once or twice from quirky issues.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

^^ This sums it all up imo..

I was gonna say RF, Audison, or JBL. I completely forgot about Arc.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my 3Sixty.2.. Used it in a couple different setups, and tuned it MULTIPLE times in each. Every time, it worked as it was supposed to. My plan is to keep it until it dies :rofl: But that'll be quite a while...

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

And for the record, whoever did that review for WastedTalent send to be intimately familiar with the 360.3 and I'd consider that an accurate list of his known issues. It's a good documentation of problems that had, but consider this: that guy is STILL rocking a new 360.3 that has no issues. He didn't jump ship and go to a different company and I'm sure that Fosgate made it right for him and he only had to pay ONCE for the original unit. The manufacturer support IS there.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Yea I was gonna go through the Rockford authorized representative if I went with the 3sixty.3. And prices are similar for the bit one and 3sixty.3

2002 Nissan Altima v6 3.5

  • Four Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 15s
  • 5 Pairs DS18 Pro Audio X6.5BM
  • 3 Pairs DS18 Super Tweeters
  • Taramps TS2000x4 (Mids Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 6.4 (Tweeter Amp)
  • Incriminator Audio 40.1 subs amp
  • Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
  • 3 shuriken batteries (BT-80 under the hood) (2 BT-120 in the trunk) with isolator
  • Big 3 zero gauge.
  • Excessive amperage H/O 225a
  • Alpine head unit
  • Lots of stinger deadener
Posted

Ohh.. theres the Alpine H800 too

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1103 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...