Sonic Electronix

new box is in! road to 150db just a few tenths off

i did, but when i put the sub in my trunk ( 4 hours of cutting pushing pulling and lugging) i creased the flare really bad. the inside Is flared but outside broke. i just haven't got around to doing it again. i have what i need just been busy. but it will happen again guys don't you worry!

IMG_20140722_203409_869_zpsa6c907af.jpg

i can't just push the box straight in.i have to twist and turn it. when i pulled from the trunk i didn't realize the flare caught on the metal you see. i didn't know i did it until i had the box in place. so i cut it off. port is the same length tho.

i added some more screws were the crack was did them at a angle. i also.coated the screws in wood glue hoping That it will.add strength.

its pretty strong now doesn't.budge one bit. but i still have a leak. i think I'm gonna go pick up some stinger road kill deadner tomorrow and Just cover anywhere i think there might be a leak.

i Can only hear it at mid volume tho.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

fiber glass your a genius clean! so simple so prefect! i was trying to complicate it, over think it.

I'm not sure what you mean by metal rod tho? All

my bracing is either wooden dowels or 3/4x 3inch mdf. all my bracing Is intact and strong. i think it was the pure weight of the sub that did it. .

sorry sound ( Mr Greenport) for hacking your thread a Lil.

still pulling for you on that 150! get that voltage up and i see you breaking that 150. i know your not chasing numbers like that but with

good voltage and technique i see a 152.4 in your near future.

don't know i just have a feeling about that number.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

oh I'm picking up what your laying down.

i think I'm just gonna glass the outside of the box. loading the sub is just allot of work. plus i dont want to make another set of holes. next box will have a triple baffle tho

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

1409600284912_zpsdfa35f14.jpg

wood glue i used, black screw is what i used to build the box (grip rite coarse) and the silver screw is a big spax hex head. that's what's holding my sub in place.

the top and bottom of my front baffle cracked. threw both pieces of wood. they both had wood glue on them laid together then had 150lb on them for just over 24hours. then screwed together.

i think i fixed it tho. added glass this morn along with more screws glue and caulk. let Dry and Just went for a bass session. no more whistle, but only time will tell If its a perm fix

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

The comp was cancelled today =( damn rain

That's annoying. I want to see that 150.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

1409600284912_zpsdfa35f14.jpg

wood glue i used, black screw is what i used to build the box (grip rite coarse) and the silver screw is a big spax hex head. that's what's holding my sub in place.

the top and bottom of my front baffle cracked. threw both pieces of wood. they both had wood glue on them laid together then had 150lb on them for just over 24hours. then screwed together.

i think i fixed it tho. added glass this morn along with more screws glue and caulk. let Dry and Just went for a bass session. no more whistle, but only time will tell If its a perm fix

Ouch,hopefully you figure it out. My buddy has a NSV3 on a single baffle 1" MDF 4 cube aero ported enclosure. It is also inverted. So wood thickness shouldn't be too much of an issue. 109lbs woofer on a single 1" baffle. No it does not flex, but inside the enclosure is brace galore.

Archived