Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

T/S parameter issues within modeling programs


Ritch40

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am sure many of you have run into an issue with this. I did search the forum for answers but really didn't find what i was looking for.

I have run into this with both winISD (the last 2 versions) and Bass Box Pro where you enter parameters and the software spots discrepancies in the data. If you let it use the autocalc features the numbers generated are WAY off from what information you do have.

I have also noticed with both programs that if you go and manually change the data point so it agrees with what information you have , well, lets just say that the software gets a little disturbed with you...lol. And just so it is said, with ISD i am aware that there are a couple of different orders in which to enter the data. Which i have tried 2 and still end up with things not matching up.

Is there a better data base or website out there to obtain more accurate information from? Currently i have been going right to the manufactures web sites for this info (id have to think they would have the correct info on their product, but, possibly human error involved?)

Short of measuring the parameters yourself, is the a way to keep software both happy and more accurate to what ever info you do have?

Are these possible glitches in the software?

Are the specs given at times inaccurate?

I'd have to guess I am not alone in having these issues.

Thank you for any and all advice, pointers, and help in this.

Your time in answering is greatly appreciated!

Posted

There definitely is a correct order to enter info into WinISD. I can dig up the way I do it if you want.

There can be a little variation between what the manufacturer has listed and what each subs actually ends up being. When I enter in drivers into WinISD as long as the auto calculated values are close to what the manufacturer lists I don't worry about it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

i know of 2 different orders to enter info into isd that do work.

my issue is at times the autocalc is WAY off of what i might have in front of me.

As you said, if it was fairly close i wouldn't sweat it a bit.....but when it is WAY off that what gets my feathers ruffled.

Posted

Can you give us an example? I could probably offer more help if I can see the number for myself.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

If WinISD calculates a parameter don't change it. That should be all you have to do.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Krackin....tomorrow i will go thru my data base and find an example or 2 and then post them here.

I know some parameters are a product of environment. Just when i see things that are quite a ways off it raises a red flag in my mind.

I know it is mainly the Mms, Cms and BL that at times gets to making me scratch my head.

Posted

here is 1 example

the same exact driver for both screen shots

the second shot the Re is correctly listed for a series and it thru everything off.

the first the Re and series parallel is wrong but things match up a touch better

Thats for an Ascendant Audio havoc 12"

Thats 1 example of what i am talking about

Note:

this happens more frequently to me when i have to use the entering list as described by linear x more often than if i use the other way to do it.

Untitled_zps57be4936.jpgUntitled2_zpsc3353d1e.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8984 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...