iTunes downloads clipped like crazy

So I use audacity to look at and alter some songs to play just for fun and I've noticed that all my songs that were downloaded from iTunes when put into audacity are clipped, according to audacity. Is audacity that reliable because the songs that I record in audacity sound much better at high levels than the ones straight from itunes.

Thanks!

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

If you're just viewing the waveform, Audacity is fine. Believe me, I've bought clipped music on iTunes before too. Depends on what artist, genre, and label.

Mixtapes and dub-step are generally clipped to shit because they stick a limiter on the bass, ramp up the threshold and put a clamp on the compression ratio. Basically, they cause it to digitally clip, then send their shit out to iTunes.

Edit: Of course, if you're buying from a reputable label, then there's something else wrong.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

• 2 weeks later...

Its not the Source of the DL of the Source of the Mastering...also view clipping isn't what you want to go by, you want to view the waveforms by zooming in or by using Windows Media Player using the Scope visual and watching for the flat spots in the waves.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived