Phaeton Posted August 31, 2014 Report Posted August 31, 2014 I just did a search on google and it said that volts squared divided by impendence is a pretty close ballpark number..... and you say its not even close.... I don't understand so 60 x 60 = 3600 3600/2 =1800 watts roughly supposedly how can u be sure im not even getting 1000rms volts * amps = watts. 12*60=720 watts 14*60=840 watts minus about 20% because you arent totally efficent. your doing 600 watts with a 60 amp fuse. you do 1000 watts with a 100 amp fuse. You just need to stop and listen for a moment. We are correct and you are not. 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
Call Me Dubstep Posted August 31, 2014 Report Posted August 31, 2014 I just did a search on google and it said that volts squared divided by impendence is a pretty close ballpark number..... and you say its not even close.... I don't understand so 60 x 60 = 3600 3600/2 =1800 watts roughly supposedly how can u be sure im not even getting 1000rms My question is, how can you be sure that you are? I mean a 150 Amp fuse is recommended for a 1700 watt amp at 87% efficiency for my DD m1c... so I dont understand where your getting that from. Plus you only have a 60 amp 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Mods: Raceland Coilovers Borla Exhaust Aftermarket Header System: Sony CDX-GT66UPW Pioneer 6x8's System Upgrades : Pioneer MVH-X560BT 2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own) DD M1C ( Currently Own) All SHCA Wires and stuff... XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement) High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)
fufhubbin Posted August 31, 2014 Author Report Posted August 31, 2014 you guys are probly right pretty much yea . ha do u think the amp is cutting out before the fuse up front blows? cause the amp cuts out if im running 80volts on it for a couple min. ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max hifonics brutus 2600 bxi Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver 0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse 800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker
fufhubbin Posted August 31, 2014 Author Report Posted August 31, 2014 by cutting out I mean that its kinda hot and the power lights stay on but it wont play till I turn the deck off then it will play when I turn the deck back on ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max hifonics brutus 2600 bxi Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver 0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse 800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker
Phaeton Posted August 31, 2014 Report Posted August 31, 2014 by cutting out I mean that its kinda hot and the power lights stay on but it wont play till I turn the deck off then it will play when I turn the deck back on seems like your amp is overheating. what amp is it and where is it? you might want to add a computer fan or something to keep it cool and let more air flow especially if its under a seat and its really tight down there. amps need some breathing room 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
Deeznutz Posted August 31, 2014 Report Posted August 31, 2014 FUF, you have a cheap-fonics? lol. 60 amp fuse. Man they saw you coming......and took your $$. Eminence is right.. 60 x 10! .-Frank
fufhubbin Posted September 1, 2014 Author Report Posted September 1, 2014 theres no external fuses on the amp! the 60 amp fuse is under the hood inline with my power wire. definitely upgrading to 0 gauge with 200 amp fuse. the amp is in the complete wide open in my trunk nothing in the trunk but the sub and amp. ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max hifonics brutus 2600 bxi Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver 0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse 800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker
TRON Posted September 1, 2014 Report Posted September 1, 2014 I just did a search on google and it said that volts squared divided by impendence is a pretty close ballpark number..... and you say its not even close.... I don't understand so 60 x 60 = 3600 3600/2 =1800 watts roughly supposedly how can u be sure im not even getting 1000rms Don't trust evenrthing you read on the internet....and here's why you should trust what we are saying: As for your set up, build a bigger enclosure, and feed the woofer REAL rated power and you'll notice a huge difference. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
Ritch40 Posted September 1, 2014 Report Posted September 1, 2014 Thanks for the advice guys!@ really appreciate it. I have a 1994 Nissan Altima with only 60k miles on it. the back seat doesn't fold down it has a metal sheet behind it and its part of the frame basicly but the armrest it the back folds down and has an opening to the trunk. I have the hifonics brutus 2600 bxi amp that's hooked up to true 4 gauge wiring and only have a 60 amp fuse on it. I hasn't blow yet. the guy at the sub shop(whos the owner of an alpine flagship dealership(said only 6 total in US) said that my fuse would blow immediately but it hasn't!) Im ruggning at 2 ohms long story short they sent me the 2000 rms model from ebay when the ad said 1500rms) so I was thinking id be find running 2 ohms on my amp which it 1750rms and still be good on power but that's not the case now that I have the newr model. So correct me if im wrong but I hooked the multi meter up to my amp to tune the gain and I was getting 60 volts easy on a 60hz HD test tone. and I tested some songs and was only getting the mid 40 volts so I turned it up so my songs are hitting 50-70 volts on the louder notes and 30-50 volts on the lower notes( would that be considers 1700rms then?? my amp doesn't get hot but slightly warm. It has cut out on me a few times when after testing I was throwing out 80 plus volts at 2 ohms which is suppose to be 3200 watts which makes sence why it cut out now so is that like a protechtion thing on the amp or what cause im greatful ! ummmmm....wow i am currently running the zues 3200 and i have (based on whats said here) more amperage going thru my speaker wire than you have going thru your power wire. i don't know if you actually read the fuse correctly or what. Too much here just is not adding up or making any kind of sense!
Ritch40 Posted September 1, 2014 Report Posted September 1, 2014 I just did a search on google and it said that volts squared divided by impendence is a pretty close ballpark number..... and you say its not even close.... I don't understand so 60 x 60 = 3600 3600/2 =1800 watts roughly supposedly how can u be sure im not even getting 1000rms volts * amps = watts. 12*60=720 watts 14*60=840 watts minus about 20% because you arent totally efficent. your doing 600 watts with a 60 amp fuse. you do 1000 watts with a 100 amp fuse. You just need to stop and listen for a moment. We are correct and you are not. Volts * amps = wattage ONLY when dealing with direct current. speakers work off of alternating current. there for with an ac system volts * amps = Volt amps or VA for short.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.