ZachG Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 So im changing builds im going to do a 18 in a aero ported box in the trunk of my 98 grand prix. Im going to put sub closer to rear seats & port there also and seal off half the box to the cabin like I have now the 18 will be firing upwards. Does anyone have any tips on how to build strong box inside of a trunk? 1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)
iwannabeloud Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=build+box+inside+trunk+smd+forum I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.
Leo1103 Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 Buy a kreg jig, pre drill and assemble outside of trunk. The kregbnig is worth its weight in gold to me. 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
hdorre Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 I built my box inside my trunk. Like Leo said, Kreg Jig.. I got the cheap one.. which was what, $20? Kreg + Spax #8 screws = sexx On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Deeznutz Posted September 9, 2014 Report Posted September 9, 2014 Spax is the shit! We just used the 4" torque/pan head screws to put up a heavy cabinet in the laundry room. Ok, carry on people! -Frank
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.