Sundown Audio

amp going in protection mode! have good ground and havent blown 60 amp fuse. not hot . 13+volts

fufhubbin

i have the volt meter attached/twisted to the power wire when it goes in the amp. and the neg twisted on the amps ground. i will tune my gain again but with bass on +0

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

looking into buying new wires. i found this one made by

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4/0 Gauge OFC

its 7$ a foot. i currently have their CKA 4 gauge . how much of a help will it be

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

looking into buying new wires. i found this one made by

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4/0 Gauge OFC

its 7$ a foot. i currently have their CKA 4 gauge . how much of a help will it be

What? You have absolutely no use for 4/0. Overkill is good, but that is way extreme for your situation lol. A good quality 1/0 is more than enough for your situation, and even upgrades in the future.

is rockfords ofc gonna be better than knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

Going to be more expensive, and won't be quite as large I don't believe. Knu and SkyHigh are oversized for their ratings, but those are the 2 most used wire brands on these boards.

why are we recommending upgrading wire on an amp that goes into protect without voltage drop? LOL

the bass was on +7 max and the gains on 3/4ths

The amp is tuned wrong and you are clipping it into protect mode.

By using the bass boost on +7 you are introducing distortion into the bass which clips the amplifier into protect.

one thing that has bothered the daylights out of me about this, every new post he makes the 60a fuse is always intact. That amp should pop a fuse THAT small on the first good hit.

I have basically the same amp in a different package, and i hammered a 150a fuse on the first good hit(i forgot to change that fuse to a 250a prior to firing the amp up for the first time).

He has something bad wrong going on there. Just an FYI to the OP, fuses are NOT a current limiting device. they are designed to pop at a specific amperage so you don't catch wiring or equipment on fire. Nothing more, nothing less.

one thing that has bothered the daylights out of me about this, every new post he makes the 60a fuse is always intact. That amp should pop a fuse THAT small on the first good hit.

I have basically the same amp in a different package, and i hammered a 150a fuse on the first good hit(i forgot to change that fuse to a 250a prior to firing the amp up for the first time).

He has something bad wrong going on there. Just an FYI to the OP, fuses are NOT a current limiting device. they are designed to pop at a specific amperage so you don't catch wiring or equipment on fire. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fuse blowing or not is not a reliable diagnostic

Alot of fuses need to be over stressed for a certain amount of time before they blow

It is very likely that amp would protect before the fuse would blow.

Say what you want about hifonics but they do protect very quickly.

His fuse NOT blowing should not be a big mystery

There is no reason to think OP is having voltage spikes.

Everything OP has reported to us says he has tuned his amp wrong and is clipping.

why are we recommending upgrading wire on an amp that goes into protect without voltage drop? LOL

the bass was on +7 max and the gains on 3/4ths

The amp is tuned wrong and you are clipping it into protect mode.

By using the bass boost on +7 you are introducing distortion into the bass which clips the amplifier into protect.

Just because he said he was going to upgrade, and asked about the 4/0 -> said too much overkill -> directed toward knu/shca 1/0. He's talked about upgrading wiring in a couple threads on his own

Archived