Sundown Audio

amp going in protection mode! have good ground and havent blown 60 amp fuse. not hot . 13+volts

fufhubbin

i have the hifonics brutus 2600 bxi and im running it at 2 ohms. its rated at 1750 rms at 2 ohms .

i have true 4 gauge wire right now. i did the big 3 with 0 gauge and just got a digital volt meter installed(hope its right!)

i wired the digital volt meter wires all the way to the back and twisted them in the the amps power wire and amps ground wire ( is this right??) i was getting pretty much the same readout as the dmm when i was testing it riht there by putting the dmm on the allen screws on the + and - of the amp. i was playing hypnotize by young jeezy and had it cranked. the bass was on +7 max and the gains on 3/4ths and the bass boost is off. and like 10 sec in the song the amp went into protect mode. this is the first time it has done it since the big three upgrade but i do feel like i was pushing it pretty hard. when it cut out the last readout on the volt meter was at 13.2 volts and the amp was hardly even warm.

im saving for a second battery but i was just wondering why my amp went into protect mode. people on here say i cant be pushing more then 600 watts rms cause the fuse on my 4 gauge is only 60 amps. it sounds way louder than 600 rms thou im pretty sure. the guy at a car audio shop said he has a 100 amp fuse on his 3000 watt amp so i am forsure hitting over 600 watts he said .

opinions please. do you think im pushing the amp 2 hard already maybe doin 1000 watts on it when its rated 1750 for 2 ohms and 2600 for 1 ohm i heard these ratings are for 15 volts of power thou.

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

it could be because one of the speakers it is connected to is bad because of clipping check ur terminals on ur amp make sure nothing i touching and if that all works it could be becauae its not getting enough power

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

i have the hifonics brutus 2600 bxi and im running it at 2 ohms. its rated at 1750 rms at 2 ohms .

i have true 4 gauge wire right now. i did the big 3 with 0 gauge and just got a digital volt meter installed(hope its right!)

i wired the digital volt meter wires all the way to the back and twisted them in the the amps power wire and amps ground wire ( is this right??) i was getting pretty much the same readout as the dmm when i was testing it riht there by putting the dmm on the allen screws on the + and - of the amp. i was playing hypnotize by young jeezy and had it cranked. the bass was on +7 max and the gains on 3/4ths and the bass boost is off. and like 10 sec in the song the amp went into protect mode. this is the first time it has done it since the big three upgrade but i do feel like i was pushing it pretty hard. when it cut out the last readout on the volt meter was at 13.2 volts and the amp was hardly even warm.

im saving for a second battery but i was just wondering why my amp went into protect mode. people on here say i cant be pushing more then 600 watts rms cause the fuse on my 4 gauge is only 60 amps. it sounds way louder than 600 rms thou im pretty sure. the guy at a car audio shop said he has a 100 amp fuse on his 3000 watt amp so i am forsure hitting over 600 watts he said .

opinions please. do you think im pushing the amp 2 hard already maybe doin 1000 watts on it when its rated 1750 for 2 ohms and 2600 for 1 ohm i heard these ratings are for 15 volts of power thou.

What headunit?.. How did you set your gain? because its probably way high

Also... Don't go back to that shop...

take this advice

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

gain sounds high, set with a scope or DD1.....that amp has 0 gauge terminals for a reason. You need to wire with 0 gauge, not just the big 3. the amp rating of your fuse doesn't determine the RMS your amp is putting out; and unless you actually clamp it, there's no way to tell. You shouldn't have a 60 amp fuse on it anyway. The amp is capable of pulling more current than your wire can handle (even though those brutus amps aren't the most efficient). Then you risk melting the wire if the fuse doesn't pop.

You have more concerning things going on in that setup. Whether they are the reason your amp protected or not, you should definitely give them all attention. I would rewire with 0 gauge, bigger fuse, and set amp with scope/dd1

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Ive never bought anything there except ring terminals for my big 3 . they are a rip off they charged my friend 3000$ for 2 type R's and typer R speakers and 1000 watt pdx amp and pdx speaker amp 4 gauge wier apine head unit and box and install ......4 years ago when the type R's were only 600 rms lol!@ what a rip off i say

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

i did come out of protect. i just had to turn my head unit off and then back on . its the alpine ida 305 digital reciever

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Archived