Sundown Audio

amp going in protection mode! have good ground and havent blown 60 amp fuse. not hot . 13+volts

fufhubbin

The amp is tuned wrong and you are clipping it into protect mode.

By using the bass boost on +7 you are introducing distortion into the bass which clips the amplifier into protect.

That's the first time I've ever heard that one. Clipping the amp into protect, you say? What do they call that feature? Is Maxxonics the only brand who uses it? Clip into protect..... where did you get that one?

OP. If you're not opening fuses DO NOT put in larger fuses. The point of a fuse is to open before you burn up something inside the amp. Without an impedance curve of your woofer(s) anybody telling you how much current that amp should be drawing for you is talking out their arse.

My guess would be that OP's battery voltage dropped to a point where the amp protects. Those on-dash voltmeters aren't instantaneous so there's a decent chance batteries dropped to 10V and the amp protected before the display could even sample.

By using the bass boost on +7 you are introducing distortion into the bass which clips the amplifier into protect.

That's the first time I've ever heard that one. Clipping the amp into protect, you say? What do they call that feature? Is Maxxonics the only brand who uses it? Clip into protect..... where did you get that one?

when you clip so hard the amp goes into protect from the electrical stress

i got it tuned more right im pretty sure. im on +0 bass on the head unit and i hav bass bost on amp off and i turned the gain up to there it was putting out nearly 60 volts on my favorite songs. when i was tuning using the 60hz test tone so get 60 volts .. it wouldnt get higher than like 30-40 volts on my songs

so your saying just keep the 60 amp fuse even when im doing 1700watts.

i got 1700 watts by multiplying it by 2 since im wired at 2ohms and come up with 3400 then i took the square root of that and got 58.8 and thats how many volts 1700 watts is. is that correct

ALSO i am having lots and lots of troubling deciding to get a HO (cant even find one for my car atm) or an xs power D3400

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

From the Hifonics manual:

"To insure years of listening pleasure, all amplifiers have a built in diagnostic mode that will detect shorted speaker

leads, low impedance, dangerous high temperatures, DC shorts and will shut down the amp to help prevent

damage."

Which one of these is "clipping it into protect" or "electrical stress"? The answer to everybody's problems isn't "You're clipping, buy a DD1", though that's typically9 out of 10 responses to whatever trouble anyone is having.

so your saying just keep the 60 amp fuse even when im doing 1700watts.

If you're not opening fuses often you should not put in larger fuses. In general, if you have never opened a fuse on your amp it's highly likely that that fuse won't protect things if something does go wrong.

From the Hifonics manual:

"To insure years of listening pleasure, all amplifiers have a built in diagnostic mode that will detect shorted speaker

leads, low impedance, dangerous high temperatures, DC shorts and will shut down the amp to help prevent

damage."

Which one of these is "clipping it into protect" or "electrical stress"? The answer to everybody's problems isn't "You're clipping, buy a DD1", though that's typically9 out of 10 responses to whatever trouble anyone is having.

please just stop, you're so ignorant its making my stomach hurt

please just stop, you're so ignorant its making my stomach hurt

I actually laughed out loud reading this. Please forgive my ignorance and enlighten me. Which protection feature is the one that is triggered by clipping? What do they call this? Why isn't it in the manual? What other brands have this feature? Surely if you know what you're talking about you can simply answer the question.

ive yet to open a fuse. the amp its self doesnt have any fuses on it! its just the fuse by the front battery.

im goin to get ofc 1/0 gauge and throw a 150 amp fuse on it i think shortly

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

im not sure what thi

it mit be a bad sub ohm them out and see if the are blown?

im not sure what this means? the ohms on the sub are not what its rated at? would the be cause i got it from sound electronix which suposidly has b grade subs.

are you saying take the multi meter and test the ohms of the sub thou

when wiring down to 2 ohms from 4 i had to connect a wire on the sub from the positive to the positive and neg to neg and it was impossible to fit 2 twisted strands of 8 gauge so i had to cut each of the 8 gauge wires comming from the amp in half basicly ( like the part thats exposed when wire is stripped) couldnt think of any other way . could this change the ohms. and its NOT ofc wire btw

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Archived