Custom sub box.

Zero_Tolerance_

I need a ported box for a http://store.ficaraudio.com/ssd12/ There are some specs on that page. If you could give me a quote that would be great.

If you're comfortable with using basic power tools to build a box for yourself, if you post in the enclosures section there are some very generous members that will help you out and give you a sketch, cut dimensions and everything you need to build a great box. Comes with the satisfaction of knowing you made it yourself, and without the fees of having somebody build and ship it to you.

I need a ported box for a http://store.ficaraudio.com/ssd12/ There are some specs on that page. If you could give me a quote that would be great.

If you're comfortable with using basic power tools to build a box for yourself, if you post in the enclosures section there are some very generous members that will help you out and give you a sketch, cut dimensions and everything you need to build a great box. Comes with the satisfaction of knowing you made it yourself, and without the fees of having somebody build and ship it to you.

Or, the OP would do well to at least look for a member within driving distance that builds enclosures, to save the cost and hassle of shipping. If he were in my neighborhood, I'd tell him to hit me up, but I don't think he's driving from Minnesota to Louisiana for an enclosure.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Or, the OP would do well to at least look for a member within driving distance that builds enclosures, to save the cost and hassle of shipping. If he were in my neighborhood, I'd tell him to hit me up, but I don't think he's driving from Minnesota to Louisiana for an enclosure.

That would work too.

Just saying, I know some people don't have the skills/equipment/knowledge/or time to build their own enclosure. They'd rather pay someone to deliver a finished product. That's not how I do things (somehow in my warped mind, I can always justify spending 3X as much on tools to build something as I could have spent having it built, whether that's admirable or stupid is a matter of opinion, I enjoy learning to do things for myself), but not going to blast someone that rolls that way.

I would personally suggest the OP hunt for local builders though. Screw $75-$100 to ship an enclosure.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Just saying, I know some people don't have the skills/equipment/knowledge/or time to build their own enclosure. They'd rather pay someone to deliver a finished product. That's not how I do things (somehow in my warped mind, I can always justify spending 3X as much on tools to build something as I could have spent having it built, whether that's admirable or stupid is a matter of opinion, I enjoy learning to do things for myself), but not going to blast someone that rolls that way.

I would personally suggest the OP hunt for local builders though. Screw $75-$100 to ship an enclosure.

Shoot, somebody can build for themselves now and have all of the straight cuts made for them wherever they buy the MDF. Lowes for sure will cut all your panels out to your exact sizes you give them at no charge. So a cheap drill, cheap jigsaw, glue and screws and anybody who even wants to give it a shot at doing it themselves can. At the same time, like you said... In most cities there's somebody that has an ad on CL for building boxes (Though I STILL wouldn't have any joe blow design it from CL) but OP could get the design and dimensions from here, contact somebody local to build to those specs if it would be easier for him.

Archived