brokedown Posted September 11, 2014 Report Posted September 11, 2014 I am building a box for 2 sundown sa8v2's that go behind the seat of my regular cab pickup truck. The dimensions i have to work with are 50" long, 11" wide at the base, 6.5" wide at the top and 14" high. I was planning to separate the box in two sections and put the subs facing out the sides add a 3" pvc port like 18"? not really sure what I am doing though so any input would help
brokedown Posted September 11, 2014 Author Report Posted September 11, 2014 I will be powering these with a hifonics brx2400.1 at 1 ohm and I would like to shoot for pretty good sq. I am coming from 2 id12's in a sealed box @ 4 ohm with the same amp
brokedown Posted September 12, 2014 Author Report Posted September 12, 2014 no ideas? just wondering if anyone thinks this is a bad idea
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 12, 2014 Report Posted September 12, 2014 Can you show us a sketch of what you have in mind? For any ported box to work well the port has to have the right area and the right length to get the tuning you desire. I don't know what a 3" diameter port 18" long is going to tune you to, if you don't know either you are not going to have much success with your enclosure. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted September 12, 2014 Report Posted September 12, 2014 Given your dimensions, the following would work, power to 750W per driver, port clearance 3 9/16" subsonic filter engaged to 28Hz, wood thickness is 3/4", bracing is 1-1 1/4 wooden dowel rods:
brokedown Posted September 13, 2014 Author Report Posted September 13, 2014 with a divider in the center and the same setup on the opposite side
brokedown Posted September 13, 2014 Author Report Posted September 13, 2014 This leaves 1.2 ft^3 per sub but i'm not sure if i subtract the port area from the enclosure volume when trying to get to sundowns spec of .75 ft^3
brokedown Posted September 13, 2014 Author Report Posted September 13, 2014 the subs are too deep to front mount
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 13, 2014 Report Posted September 13, 2014 the subs are too deep to front mount I haven't checked in SketchUp but using the design JoeX posted you really should be able to front mount those subs. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.