Second Skin Audio

How Much Cone Area Is This

byron2817

how much cone area will it be if i had 4 8"L7.will it be the same cone area as a 15"L7

225 on the 15 or 256 on the 8's but thats just a rough estimate

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

well since the are squares length x width, since they are squares is 8x8 x4 for # of subs or 15x15

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

The problem with that is that the cone isn't really 8 or 15 inches, that normally includes the size of the surround too. Part of the surround is effective area, but not all of it. If you look at it that way, lets just say the surround is 1". Let's say 1/2 of the surround is usable, making the 15 196sq, and the 8s 196. They're going to be really close, but because of the curved cone and all that stuff, there's a lot more in it than just hxw. I can't find the Sd of any kicker sub anywhere online no matter where I look? :blink:

I think all I did was confuse things :lol:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

The problem with that is that the cone isn't really 8 or 15 inches, that normally includes the size of the surround too. Part of the surround is effective area, but not all of it. If you look at it that way, lets just say the surround is 1". Let's say 1/2 of the surround is usable, making the 15 196sq, and the 8s 196. They're going to be really close, but because of the curved cone and all that stuff, there's a lot more in it than just hxw. I can't find the Sd of any kicker sub anywhere online no matter where I look? :blink:

I think all I did was confuse things :lol:

thats why i said mines a rough estimate :) i never had a kicker square so i really dont know much about them

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

supposed to measure middle of surround to opposing middle of surround

Thats how we did it at the speaker shop

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived