Second Skin Audio

Old School RF Power HX2 15"s!

Deeznutz

Well, after doing the install on the Jimmy with the 4 low budget Coustic CF1244 subs in the GMC Jimmy, I honestly was alittle disappointed in the output. No where near the performance of my 4 12" Fosgate HX2's I had years ago.

IMAG0040_zpsd17bcc7d.jpg

So I decide to troll Craigslist 2 days ago and I found this guy selling these Old School RFR3115, Power HX2 15's! He bought them back in the day at Buzz-Off Alarms here in Tampa. The slot port box he had was huge. All Coils measured 2 Ohms. Copper windings are mint. No punctures, blah,blah,blah. The cones are alittle faded. But if the HX2's I had were any indication of what great bass was,than these would definitely be even better. I always wanted these subs but was not willing to pay the asking price. Talk about bringing me back to my youth! lol.

IMAG0068_zps2474d589.jpg

IMAG0074_zpsf8fd6b5d.jpg

IMAG0081_zpse816a9ad.jpg

On the way home I stopped by a local pawn shop and put $$ down on an Avionixx CDX 2800M, same as what I already have. Each sub will get it's own amp.....OR.....since these amps can be strapped together for 2600W @ 2 Ohms, maybe that is what I will do!

I promised my gf's daughter the loudest and cleanest system at her H.S. Just delivering on a promise!

Her front stage is being replaced with T2 65-2S midbass drivers and T2 Crossovers as well. We'll be running the RF Titanium tweeters we already have in the door panels.

IMAG0083_zps62464571.jpg

What do you think?

-Frank

Last christmas My truck was broken into and I had 2 Power HX2 12's that some retards put holes in cause they could not move the box(A**Holes) I replaced them with the new T2 12's and honestly the only difference I can see is the T2's are a little cleaner sounding and a lot more money. I am also running the T2's on the T2500 Amp and was running the Hx2's on a T1000...lol

I really feel fosgate has gotten soft on there subs and amp designs after moving over sees.... Just Saying!!!

Viol8ter,These subs are American Made luckily. I just hope they sound amazing.

I was always "anti-big sub, anti-huge magnet sub" for a while, always thinking subs are steroids were "a bit overkill" and why would someone buy it

in the first place. lol. but for the price I paid, and the fact that I can now get 1000W amps, used for <$150. maybe this will change my mind.

I sold a HiFonics 2415, a RF T1 15", and a HCCA 12.4 all because they were all subs on steroids.

I'm thinking I'm going to surprise her by making a new box and swooping it out.

Anyhow, how much cubic foot space do the Power's like? That's my next question.

-Frank

Viol8ter,These subs are American Made luckily. I just hope they sound amazing.

I was always "anti-big sub, anti-huge magnet sub" for a while, always thinking subs are steroids were "a bit overkill" and why would someone buy it

in the first place. lol. but for the price I paid, and the fact that I can now get 1000W amps, used for <$150. maybe this will change my mind.

I sold a HiFonics 2415, a RF T1 15", and a HCCA 12.4 all because they were all subs on steroids.

I'm thinking I'm going to surprise her by making a new box and swooping it out.

Anyhow, how much cubic foot space do the Power's like? That's my next question.

-Frank

I am not sure about the 15's I have always ran 12's and they are between 2-2.1CuFt a sub. I am sure the 15's require a bigger area contact Joe X and he should be able to help you out.

Those are really clean. I'm jealous. Keep us updated on how they sound once you install them.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

WOW!!!!! now thats a trip down memory lane right there! I remember buying 2 of them Coustic 12's buy one get on free from circuit city back in day I loved them 69 bucks too could beat that!

can i ask wtf your talking about?

OP posts a RF sub, and you wanna chat about what? lol.. .......

I like apples, crawling out a broken window,.......... marshmello, i wanna ride a pony

WOW!!!!! now thats a trip down memory lane right there! I remember buying 2 of them Coustic 12's buy one get on free from circuit city back in day I loved them 69 bucks too could beat that!

can i ask wtf your talking about?

OP posts a RF sub, and you wanna chat about what? lol.. .......

I like apples, crawling out a broken window,.......... marshmello, i wanna ride a pony

First picture (current install from OP) is coustics lol.

Buy one get one?? lol. Wow!! Really, they were that entry level, even with the 3" voice coil? My gf wanted me to keep the 1st. sub I found for $10, it just grew from there. found a 2nd sub, 3rd sub, than a 4th. Just not happy with the bass output. It's definitely decent, but not mind blowing by any means. Maybe the motors were small though the Coustics do have a large coil, the Xmax is only 11.4mm and most subs now a days are about 14-15mm like the HX2.

-Frank

Archived