the electronic trunk close-er thing is working.. and the seals seem in good shape.. so ??

yea. and if its not sucking the lid down tight you can take it off, then unscrew the motor on it, and turn the gears by hand a little bit, then put the motor back on it. depending which way you turn it, your trunk will either suck down more, or not as much.

another thing I would check if your car has a sunroof/moonrood.

If so there are little tubes that run down. There are 2 tubes that go down your a pillers ( one on each side) then another 2 more tubes that go down the rear of the car down the c pillers by the rear window, which normally go through your trunk and drain out someplace around the rear wheels. I had a problem with my trunk getting wet and that was the problem. one tube was out of the whole, and the other tube in the trunk had a bad seal. A tube of caulk fixed it up good.

I would also pull all of the carpet out and check the floor pan of the trunk just to be safe. there micht be a small hole in the wheel wells them self thats letting moisture in.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I would also pull all of the carpet out and check the floor pan of the trunk just to be safe. there micht be a small hole in the wheel wells them self thats letting moisture in.

i think thats what i'm gonna have to do..

like i said.. its not leaking.. just... dewey...

also i opened the trunk this morning the whole trunk lid "inside" was soaking wet..

and i don't have a sunroof/moonroof

yea, there are "vents" through out your car, no matter the make or model. they are on the floor panels. They are to drain water and allow your car to breath. from my understanding they will drain any laying water out, and allow air to come in, but not water come in. But most of the time these get rusted and crack creating leaking problems. Id take pictures, but mine are all sound deadened over so.. but I may have a pic someplace.

• 1 month later...

well... pulled the carpet back.. found a little puddle in there from rain i guess...

i noticed my seals were in good shape.. BUT !!! its bent down so its like no seal at all :(

any idea what web site i can get universal trunk weatherstripping ?

nice find bro !!

what should i get ?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBro...ID:100000163411

looks kinda the same... its gonna go on a piece of metal about thick as a nickle...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/COLORED-FLEXIBLE-...03813_10101.jcw

or that style ? not positive.. but i'm doubting it'll work cause it'll be thin once to bare metal :(