Second Skin Audio

Trunk leaking seal with spectrum?

I have a newer body style mustang which trunk area leaks. I was curious if taping over holes/cracks and spraying spectrum inside the entire trunk is a good idea with vents and such being covered. I know for a fact the trunk lid itself isn't the problem.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

when you say vents and such being covered what do you mean?

Spaying spectrum on the entire trunk may seal it but it all depends on where the water is coming from really. if its a hole in the body and you tape over it and spray spectrum over the tape then ya problem solved but say its the seal on a light or something like that then what your planning on doing wouldn't do anything to stop that

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

The air ducts and flapper vents. Flapper vents are there so when your door shuts your ears don't pop. Which I know other parts of the car has these also. I was planning on sealing the taillights with a sealant other then spectrum on the outside then on the inside spectrum where needed. I can see small cracks between panels right now. Its kinda unsettling putting thousands of electrical equipment in a trunk that leaks and getting rid of exhaust noise would be a bonus

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

that might work. On my old car i sealed the flapper vent with expanding foam then covered that with Damp pro while it was hardening. then i covered that with spectrum

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

"Spaying spectrum on the entire trunk may seal it but it all depends on where the water is coming from really. if its a hole in the body and you tape over it and spray spectrum over the tape then ya problem solved but say its the seal on a light or something like that then what your planning on doing wouldn't do anything to stop that"

Great advice from EmperorJJ1............But you will have a nice and deadened trunk even if the leak is elsewhere :-) Good Luck with your project.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png