Redbeardoriginal Posted September 15, 2014 Report Posted September 15, 2014 I am trying to build a tuned and ported box for a 2001 Tahoe for 4 12" L7 subs. Max width is 49.5 inches and max depth is 26 inches. Was hoping someone had a program or cut list for this. Would like to be tuned at or around 40hz. Any help is appreciated
philrab Posted September 15, 2014 Report Posted September 15, 2014 What's your max height? Going up to the windows, or what? Are you looking for a design, or just help doing the design yourself? 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
Joe X Posted September 15, 2014 Report Posted September 15, 2014 List the real max depth from the top of the backseats to the rear gate, it's usually more than 26".
Redbeardoriginal Posted September 15, 2014 Author Report Posted September 15, 2014 Max width is 49 inches max depth is 26 inches and max height is 25 inches. I'm ok with someone giving their own design. I had one in mind but mine will not work, so I'm reaching out to you guys for help.
Joe X Posted September 15, 2014 Report Posted September 15, 2014 You should have 32-36 inches of depth. How is that you only have 26? Also pics of your old box?
Redbeardoriginal Posted September 15, 2014 Author Report Posted September 15, 2014 I measured from the top of the back seat to the lift gate and it measures 26". The old box is an undersized sealed box that my friend had built and is way to small. And correction on the vehicle, it is a 2005 suburban with 3rd row seating. I thought he was wanting a box in the Tahoe.
Redbeardoriginal Posted September 16, 2014 Author Report Posted September 16, 2014 I tried talking him into getting rid of the third row because there wouldn't be any issues at that point. He is insisting on keeping the third row, so hopefully we can come up with something.
Joe X Posted September 16, 2014 Report Posted September 16, 2014 So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, figure is just an assembly guide:
Redbeardoriginal Posted September 16, 2014 Author Report Posted September 16, 2014 Looks great, thank you for your input and design. I have been racking my brain on how to put them all facing the rear of the vehicle to no avail. My sketch just made everything look cluttered and that was not the look I was wanting.
Redbeardoriginal Posted September 16, 2014 Author Report Posted September 16, 2014 If you don't mind me asking, what program do you use?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.