Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Port area for 2 p3d415's


DatDude619

Recommended Posts

Posted

Doing a 4th order bandpass

Like this but 2 woofers

117wvgp.jpg

Gonna be 45w 20h 30 deep

Going 1.75 sealed each with 8cu Ported total. Tuned to 45hz (magnets on Ported side) (slot ported)

How much port area do I need to get the right compression with these subs in this application

Posted

I'll reply since nobody else hasn't.. I'm not really familiar with bandpass but I have a p3d4-15 in a slot.. rockford recommended 40 sq in of port for the recommended airspace which was on point with about 15 sq in of port area per sq ft of useable airspace.. so I would think that this 12-16 sq in of port area would apply to bandpass also.. someone enlighten me if im wrong.

Posted

The same logic does not apply. I'd do 150-180". Half the cone area is 176".

Last bandpass I did was for a single P2 10" and I gave it 36" which was half its cone area. It was a great all around box and did a good job on 150W.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...