Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate 250a2

ZachG

Hey guys so I got a RF 250a2 im going to use until I get my new build all togther.

My question is that if I get a dual 2 ohm sub & wire it at 4 ohm & run a positive from 1 channel & a negative from the other bridging it at 4ohms I should be getting the 250w.

Thats correct right?

Or should I just run each channel on each coil of the sub.

I dont know much about this amp it was my brothers. Any answer's are appreciated.

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Yeah, that's right. I don't know about the 250w though, unless you know that is the rated power at 4 ohm bridged.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

It should be around 300watts. Running the sub with both coils hooked to each channel the amp will make, the same power as running both coils to one bridged chanel.

Bridging was big in the 90s when most subs had, single voice coils. And most amps back then had 2 or 4 channels.

Bridging a two channel amp that is (let's say 4 ohm stable bridged and, 2 ohm stable to each channel.) The sub has dual 2 ohm voice coils. The amap will make the same power bridged. As it would if you wired each coil to each channel.

Here are the specs

Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):

• Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 320 watts x 1
  • Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 160 watts x 2
  • Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 100 watts x 2

Continuous Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):

• Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 250 watts x 1
  • Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 125 watts x 2
  • Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 62.5 watts x 2

Alright thanks guys thats what I was thinking but I don't know much about this amp. Wanted to be sure.

I'll have perfect voltage for it & cooling too. I hear it can get hot.

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Archived