Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

thoughts on my build


walledkota

Recommended Posts

Posted

^This. Building a wall isn't gonna be any harder than 4 individual boxes, and it's going to be a headache. Plus you lose a lot of airspace. Just do a normal wall man, people here will help you.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

I'll keep that in mind but like I said I've never built a wall before and not sure about tuning it to 32hz. I can't find any info on building or tuning a wall.

Posted

Dude, you're basically doing it anyway. Only thing different from what you plan on doing is actually building inside the car.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

What you're describing isn't a wall. It's a bunch of enclosures stacked up with a cover on the front.

You need to look through some of the wall build logs first.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s



 

Posted

That's pretty much it what it is. I'm just trying to figure out what exactly I want to do. Rite now I don't have shit in my truck. The last 3 subs I've had I've melted them down with those crappy prebuilt boxes and I'm just ready to change my whole set up.

Posted

Well if you want to wall, and this being your first wall, you really need to start with a better plan than what you have.

I'd also say, if you're "melting down" woofers you probably aren't ready for a wall. You're planning on running a SPL APE1.6000D which is a bad choice of amplifier as well.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s



 

Posted

Ok thanks I'm actually leaning away from the wall and thinking about just building a box. if I thought what I have could actually work well I would use what I have but not sure I have 3 diff amps and no subs at the moment. Had 2 cheapo 15s and a pioneer 10 that the voice coils melted down after I switched to the sony amp

Posted

Do some searching, ask around, find out what kind of amplifiers and woofers are good, what aren't.

There's tones of good and knowledgeable people here, you just have to really take their advice seriously, ask good solid questions, and not act like you know it all and you can find some amazing support.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s



 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...