walledkota Posted September 19, 2014 Report Posted September 19, 2014 I've been thinking about building a system for my 95 ext cab Dakota. I want to do 4 Soundstream R3.15 15s and a SPL ape1.6000d. The way I'm wanting to go about this is to build 4 separate ported boxes tuned to 32hz and then build a wall that will go in front of the boxes with one large rectangle port in the middle. I have a few drawings I did last night but not sure how to post the pics on here.
walledkota Posted September 19, 2014 Author Report Posted September 19, 2014 I'm using my cell phone and can't figure out how to post pics on here any help would be nice
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 19, 2014 Report Posted September 19, 2014 Looks interesting. The tricky part will be sizing your port/s appropriately. From the drawing it looks like you may be low on port area. Also you will have to factor in the common port length in addition to the individual ports per sub to get the tuning you are after. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
walledkota Posted September 19, 2014 Author Report Posted September 19, 2014 Good point maybe I could turn the individual boxes and have the Ports facing forward so I wouldn't have to worry about making a huge port in the middle of the wall and just use the 4 original Ports on the wall that way all I have to do is worry about getting the tune rite for the separate boxes. Just a thought!
gckless Posted September 19, 2014 Report Posted September 19, 2014 Did you like your own post? Why do you want to do individual boxes? Gonna be harder than just building a wall I think. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
walledkota Posted September 19, 2014 Author Report Posted September 19, 2014 If I did it was on accident lol. I decided to build individual boxes in case I ever decide to sale my truck I can pull the wall down and I'll still be able to use my subs and separate boxes in another ride and I know I can build a box for one 15 that is tuned rite not sure about tuning a wall
TRON Posted September 19, 2014 Report Posted September 19, 2014 Separate enclosures isn't a good idea. Don't compromise just for the convenience of resale, other wise don't wall it. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.