Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HDS312 Enclosure


krazz619

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys,

So I plan on buying a HDS312 soon along with SQ's Q1-1200D. I already got the electrical figured out, only issue is the box. I have 0 experience with subwoofer enclosures, so I need all the help I can get.

Right now I wanna figure out the dimensions for the best box I can get, then get the pieces cut at like a Home Depot, and glue/screw everything together myself.

So my questions:

Can anyone make me a box design?

Can someone direct me to an already designed box that I should just use?

Can someone tell me what and how to figure it all out myself?

(I prefer the first 2 lol)

For some specs, I prefer to keep the box 32" or less in length, hopefully depth and height won't be ridiculous for 1 sub. I was thinking around 2-2.5cu ft. and maybe 32-34hz? Unless there is something better please tell me. Also I wanna get some 45s in there and round things out.

Also, i'd like both sub and port facing same side (so both are facing towards my trunk)

Thanks ahead of time.

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

Posted

Kindly post your max boot dimensions and the car its going into.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

So here is a suggestion, if this is a trunk car as you seem to suggest the dimensions below should work but you have to make sure, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

hds312.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Posted

So here is a suggestion, if this is a trunk car as you seem to suggest the dimensions below should work but you have to make sure, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

hds312.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Awesome, thank you Joe. I'll definitely save this, exactly what I've been trying to find. And yes it's going in a trunk car, 2001 Corolla, but I kinda want it capable of fitting other trunk vehicles since I won't be keeping this car forever

Quick question, can I do a flush mount since its double baffle, or should I keep it like the picture and mount the sub over both pieces?

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

Posted

If you are experienced at box building you can do the flush mounting if you want, those usually don't end up looking too nice unless you have a router.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...