Finally getting some time with an RTA

TheMonolith2001

I'd havew to ask you what you hope to acheive? Do you have time alignment to use in your deck/processor?

I always start by getting levels and crossovers pretty much there, then time align left/right and mid-tweeter etc then recheck crossovers and levels. After that its important to get left ans right sounding the same. I use 3rd octave tones on the focal tools disc to do that, only then will i tune the eq for a specific "curve". Even then i wont use an rta, just well recorded music i know well until it sounds balanced. You can also go up through the tones getting each one to sound as loud as the one above/below it. This should get you in the ballpark of a nice smooth balanced system based on what you actually hear rather than what a microphone hears.

HTH

My process:

-Mesure with impulse curve of any speaker without crossover, tweet cut at 500Hz

- Dertermine the best choice of crossover frequency for speaker (best choice is when the speaker at the lower THD

- Apply dissimetrical Crossover for obtain symetrical curve response

- EQ any speaker

- Adjsut level any speaker

- Shoot with impulse response any speaker

- Use phase response for adjust time alignement of my processor and align couple of speaker Tweet Left with Tweet Right, Med Left with Med Right.

- Use T0 impulse for adjust Offset Tweet Left with Med Left with woofer left.

When finish all correction;, adjust curve for +6 at +10db for lower frequency and -1 at -3dB dor hight Frequency

• 2 weeks later...

My process:

-Mesure with impulse curve of any speaker without crossover, tweet cut at 500Hz

- Dertermine the best choice of crossover frequency for speaker (best choice is when the speaker at the lower THD

- Apply dissimetrical Crossover for obtain symetrical curve response

- EQ any speaker

- Adjsut level any speaker

- Shoot with impulse response any speaker

- Use phase response for adjust time alignement of my processor and align couple of speaker Tweet Left with Tweet Right, Med Left with Med Right.

- Use T0 impulse for adjust Offset Tweet Left with Med Left with woofer left.

When finish all correction;, adjust curve for +6 at +10db for lower frequency and -1 at -3dB dor hight Frequency

So didn't follow any of this but, I want to try it. LOL

Archived