Never had a good set of component speakers.

Totalnoob

Hey guys i have always ran the lower end of speakers im talking like 40 bucks for a pair of components with crossovers and all. the best speakers i ran were crescendo cz speakers but i blew one and i am using the 40 dollar speaker in place and it is handling well.

Now my question is since i never really had some really nice expensive components should i switch over to pro audio speakers? I never heard them before so i have no idea what they sound like i read from a bunch of other websites that they sound really bad, but since all my speakers have been garbage it shouldn't be a problem for me right?

I have been looking into the Rockford fosgate pro 6.5 speakers. I read a bunch of reviews and they seem like they sound good havent really heard anything bad from them you guys think i should get a pair? instead of running my 2 different component speakers up front? is running 2 different brand of speakers off the same amp a bad idea?

i feel as though these component sets i bought the voices are not coming through the bass and when the bass gets turned up i loose some detail in songs. I fixed the problem that was clipping my speakers. I had my mid range speakers crossed at 12.5k on a 12db slope it sounded clean so i kept it but the speaker gave out it didn't completely blow it still plays but at certain frequencies it sounds scratchy. I learned my lesson though i wont ever cross my mid range speakers above 4k

i feel as though these component sets i bought the voices are not coming through the bass and when the bass gets turned up i loose some detail in songs. I fixed the problem that was clipping my speakers. I had my mid range speakers crossed at 12.5k on a 12db slope it sounded clean so i kept it but the speaker gave out it didn't completely blow it still plays but at certain frequencies it sounds scratchy. I learned my lesson though i wont ever cross my mid range speakers above 4k

Keep em crossed over at 80 or higher, and don't clipp them or overpower them than hell yes get a set of them. I use them just to get loud, and that they certainly do. SQ I don't think so, but guys like me that have way too much bass to cars about true SQ I think they are perfect. They get stupid loud on just 100 watts a side. I'm sure they could handle more, but I'm not trying it.

wow and they seem to have a nice response i have heard good things about those infinity speakers. You guys think i should get that instead it will just be another 30 bucks. The amp i have is supposed to do 120 watts rms at 4 ohms(SQ120.4) i guess they would be perfect because i read on another forum on hear in a real world application i would only be getting like 80 watts rms max to my speakers.

Keep em crossed over at 80 or higher, and don't clipp them or overpower them than hell yes get a set of them. I use them just to get loud, and that they certainly do. SQ I don't think so, but guys like me that have way too much bass to cars about true SQ I think they are perfect. They get stupid loud on just 100 watts a side. I'm sure they could handle more, but I'm not trying it.

Have you ran component speakers and compared them? Like do they sound that much different i am curious on how much different the 2 types of speakers can sound. I might just have to buy them to get a feel for pro audio speakers in cars. You think my crescendo cz component tweeters would keep up with them and sound good? or would i have to buy pro audio tweeters as well. i also have a set of pioneer tweeters i could hook up if they cant keep up

They sound great to me solid mid range speaker. Try it and find out as far as installing different tweets and crossovers. I'm using the tweets and crossover that came form

soundqued and I have them crossover at the amp around 80ish.

Archived