Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

AQ hdc3 18 sub wall


memphissound3180

Recommended Posts

Posted

Depends where you want the playable bandwidth...

and thats going to be a disappointing wall. soundstream amps? why..

Why?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

Bc I've had a lot of luck with the 1600s I had with two hdc3 12s and upgraded to the 18s and I get the first 2500 tmrw and back to the frequency maybe mid to lower 30s but that depends on the volume of the box I know

Posted

Bc I've had a lot of luck with the 1600s I had with two hdc3 12s and upgraded to the 18s and I get the first 2500 tmrw and back to the frequency maybe mid to lower 30s but that depends on the volume of the box I know

Posted

Bc I've had a lot of luck with the 1600s I had with two hdc3 12s and upgraded to the 18s and I get the first 2500 tmrw and back to the frequency maybe mid to lower 30s but that depends on the volume of the box I know

??

where do you want to play down to? down to 30hz?

Posted

That will not be a disappointing wall. I say go for it.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

That will not be a disappointing wall. I say go for it.

I agree.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

Just seen a wall of 2 - 18" Sundowns (NOT ZV4 or X's) in a car over the weekend at a competition. b-pillar, driver side port, and it got loud.

they might even be on here....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3045 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...