urlocalpothead Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 Hey what's up I'm getting ready to start a wall in a 96 jetta with 2 18" sundown sa an was need some help with box design for them I'm going to be running them off of either a rubi 1600.1 or 2500.1 most likely the 2500 I'd like to do a slot port
sencheezy Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 Go grab the dimensions first, then report back. That's gonna determine what kind of enclosure you can have. W H D 165db with 237 DC Volts 6 15" SSA Evils 3 HV Taramps T60k @.33 18 XS Power D3400s Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy
urlocalpothead Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 Ok yea I figed that would help I'll get them when I get off work
urlocalpothead Posted September 27, 2014 Author Report Posted September 27, 2014 W47H35D27 are the max
RainStryke Posted September 28, 2014 Report Posted September 28, 2014 Sundown doesn't have statistics on the sub yet and neither do the websites that sell it. For $300, that's not a lot of subwoofer compared to a HDC318.
urlocalpothead Posted September 28, 2014 Author Report Posted September 28, 2014 Rite an yea it's not a whole lot of sub like the hdc3 but I'm just not sure if I want soundqubed I no the fi bl is around the same price range to an I was just gettin the sa because they just came out figd they'd be worth a try
RainStryke Posted September 29, 2014 Report Posted September 29, 2014 Did your subwoofer come with a manual of any type that gives you the statistics? At this point, no one want's to guess at what they want to recommend. I'd recommend a minimum of 5 cubic feet on the enclosure and try to tune it around 35Hz. I like the low stuff, so i'd tune mine around 30-32Hz. Use 3/4" MDF, make the subwoofer baffle double layered so you have 1.5" MDF so you won't flex your box. Reinforce your corners with 45 degree angle cuts and pre drill your screw holes...
urlocalpothead Posted September 29, 2014 Author Report Posted September 29, 2014 No they haven't come in yet an that's what I figd I talk to one guy that said I can base it off of a zv3 box build if I wanted but I'm not 100% sure on that one an yea I like the lows more then the highs to so that's prob around what I'll try to tune to
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.