Sucks you have to pay the deductible. You are going to have to wait till the inspector submits their report to see how far they will go with repairs. I highly doubt they will pay for a full body paint job though. Most likely they will get your VIN, match the color and get a new door... Which sucks, cause you can always tell when a car has a replacement part like that... The paint is always a little less faded than the rest of the car.

I disagree and have had similar work done recently.

Unless you have a unique metallic paint job, expect a near perfect match if you are having the work done by a decent shop. Sure you might notice if you stare at it and look for differences in paint tones, but I seriously wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure people would notice that dent more than they would a slight difference in color tone when you get it fixed.

I disagree and have had similar work done recently.

Unless you have a unique metallic paint job, expect a near perfect match if you are having the work done by a decent shop. Sure you might notice if you stare at it and look for differences in paint tones, but I seriously wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure people would notice that dent more than they would a slight difference in color tone when you get it fixed.

I felt the same when I had to get my Camry done, had to get a new front bumper. They matched the color really well, it was really hard to distinguish the difference. As the years went by, the difference between the stock paint and my bumper became very noticeable.

Archived