MW SPL, discussion, opinions and help

Karkov

http://midwestspl.ipower.com/Competitorshoopla/classes.htm

I am thinking about competing next year and need some help choosing a class. I do not want to be in a power class so that rules all those out. Also, I cannot attend every show due to work so I have no intentions of going to state or anything like that, I don't care about points, I want some trophies and to have fun.

MSD: How often do the judges kick people out of MSD? I believe I fit in the category of being in one of those but it says the promoters can remove you from them?

Also, what types of setups could I come to expect if I were in say MSD 3 or 4? What have these guys been scoring all season and what vehicles/setups?

BASIC: NO (wattage)

ADVANCED: the only one feasible for me is probably advanced no wall. Thoughts? What have other been scoring lately in this class? 1 & 2 are wattage and 3 is against people with walls that are way more extreme than I want to be.

EXTREME: 1 & 2 use basic rules and I want to stay away from 4 because of the people I have seen in it compete so what scores are others doing in Extreme 3 lately?

KAOS: I would have to do testing to decide if I were to compete in this.

MAYHEM: NO (I would easily lose)

S.L.A.M.: NO

POWER SPL: NO

LOUD N LOW: I haven't seen this one, looks like fun. I assume it's a tough class though? Thoughts? discuss please? Do they have this at every show?

TOP DOG: NO

I know it's a loaded question asking what class that *I* should be in but I still want people's opinions.

I might buy my own meter so I can be more ready come next spring/summer

I am thinking about doing a non wall in the back of my Tahoe, no rear seats, 10 XS power batteries, dual alternators. 1 amp per sub, either 4 - 18" or 4 - 15" (need 4 - 15 for Kaos 3, 18's wouldn't work). Mids/highs irrelevant at this point in time. I have 320 sq. ft. sound deadener in my hoe, big 3, all OFC, 2 runs of 1/0 but will be adding more, etc.etc.

^^ If my thoughts/plans/thinking if flawed, please discuss in this thread I hope to keep this thread alive all winter as I continue my rebuild.

I do have to read up on the rules a little bit more. I already have 2 - 15" SP4's so I might just get two more but I am not sure if that would be enough to win some of the classes that I am considering. Thoughts?

I don't like MECA style with fuses etc.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

One thing I always did before my comps was just look at what people are doing in my class which is MSD3, just to give me a rough estimate of what I'm going up against.. Should have all the scores on midwest spls website.

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

When it says in rules "no mods, passenger compartment" does that mean the second row of seating needs to be untouched? As in completely factory in front of C-pillar and behind A-pillar?

I.E. if all I had in my Tahoe was front two seats could I compete in MSD 4, Advanced No Wall, and Xtreme 3?? Assuming everything is below window line. Yes, I read the rules but they are hard to understand for a noob. In one place it might say that in a SUV the cargo area is behind second row of seats leading me to believe the passenger area is still the second row of seats then in another section it says no mods in front of B-pillar...different classes have different rulings so that's why i am asking for sure.

Any help?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I believe it's just for the front seats, I think. When I was competing I had my back seats laying down and my amp and battery and part of my box sitting on top of them and they never questioned it or even inspected it..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Thanks for the reply. For the 3 specific classes I am thinking about I *think* I would be good but ya never know.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

If you're still not sure, give Steve Benton a call 870 715 5083, main Midwest SPL guy I believe..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Archived