Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HDS312's Aeroport Design


chad190

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 HDS312's and a Soundqubed 1200.1. I e-mailed Soundqubed and they said a 5^ft box with about 80 sq" would be ideal for the pair. I don't have enough room for a 5^ft slot port box, so I came up with this design with a single 8" port.

Does anyone see anything wrong with these? Is there enough port area? Would it be better to go with 2 6" ports?

8bmoxp.png

NulaPT.png

2006 Monte Carlo

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 SSA ZCON 12's

5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz

Soundqubed 3500.1

PAC LC-1

Singer 320 Amp Alt

XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk

Super Start AGM Under Hood

80ft+ Sky High 1/0

40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener

Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids

Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Alpine 1" Tweeters

Alpine MRP-F300

Posted

Aero ports area much more efficient than slot port and to work well with lower port area per cube. You should be fine. You could also work on flaring the ports to make them more efficient.. If you had space, you could have tried a 10 inch port too.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Alright, and I forgot to mention the ports will be flaired. Where would you get an 8" or 10" flaired port? Cause I was gonna do the 2 6" flaired pvc but I know one big port is better than multiple small ports.

2006 Monte Carlo

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 SSA ZCON 12's

5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz

Soundqubed 3500.1

PAC LC-1

Singer 320 Amp Alt

XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk

Super Start AGM Under Hood

80ft+ Sky High 1/0

40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener

Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids

Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Alpine 1" Tweeters

Alpine MRP-F300

Posted

A pair of 6" ports is slightly more port area than a single 8" I know PSP only makes up to 6" ports premade, though you can flare PVC yourself if you have an appropriate jig/mandrel (can be made from just about anything, old bowl, MDF rings and bondo, ect.) and a heat gun.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I'd definitely go the lazy way and buy em from PSP haha. I'll have to play with it more again. Just seeing if I was on the right track.

2006 Monte Carlo

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 SSA ZCON 12's

5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz

Soundqubed 3500.1

PAC LC-1

Singer 320 Amp Alt

XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk

Super Start AGM Under Hood

80ft+ Sky High 1/0

40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener

Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids

Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Alpine 1" Tweeters

Alpine MRP-F300

Posted

The flares of PSP are really large, not sure the baffle area will be enough, just a roundover on the mounting location should suffice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...