Second Skin Audio

2 sundown e12 v2 box build

Meh. Way to big

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I just measured my port it's 4 inches wide and 14.5 inches tall so that's 58 sq in I believe I did that right which means my port is fine maybe the box is to big for the subs if sundown recomends 1.75 for one sub that's 3.5 cubes. my box is about 4.7 should I build a new box or just leave it the way it is?

So is it 4.7 cubes net airspace? If so that is quite a bit too big. Building a smaller box will almost definitely get you better sound quality and power handling, but it won't be any louder than what you have now on the same power.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Ok so my plan now is to make this box I have now smaller by cutting the back off and putting a new back piece on the box which will then make the box 3.64 cubes then I'll have to redo the port I'm leaving it at 4 inches wide and I'm doing an L shaped port tuned to 32hz the total port length needs to be 33 inches so my first length needs to be 9.5 then my Second needs to be 23.5 I believe my math is right on that. It may not be any louder but it should sound better .

Archived