2003 Ford Explorer, starting small, working my way up!

nice work. tuned in!

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

So been gettin work done past few days, with what time I have to work with anyways lol...

Spent one day getting the aero holes cut out and the all thread bracing put in. Came out really good!

Here is the box with the aero holes cut and the all thread in... Going to put some sort of decorative cap over the nuts on the front, any suggestions??

149_zpsc5521249.jpg

Holes came out pretty clean, 6" PVC fits perfectly :)

152_zps6d631abd.jpg

Inside view of all the bracing done. Seeing the box is very shallow and it has dual baffles, I don't think I will need a vertical brace. Again, feel free to input on that, as I want it as strong as possible!

150_zps6211e0e3.jpg

151_zps4de12c21.jpg

Also sealed up all of the seams and what not, all the seams and joints line up so well, very proud of myself lol :)

Here's the 6" PVC that will be my aeros, all cut to length for a 35Hz tuning. Lost my damn heat gun and it's been a blizzard for two days here, so hopefully tomorrow I can go get a new one, flare them and get them in!

153_zps54ba962c.jpg

There's the end of yesterdays work... Productive day and getting very close to completion!

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Since you can't see to drive anywhere and I was still lacking the heat gun to install the aeros, today was all about sanding and rounding the edges a little....

Here is the box all sanded up to 100 grit. Gonna go over it one more time quick with 220, then 320, which is like a 30 min process. See the difference in the seams after just rough sanding it!

154_zps96ca135c.jpg

Side views..

156_zps7b63fe1b.jpg

157_zps45133aff.jpg

Top baffle, LOVE the grain in this wood!

155_zpsb065120e.jpg

So that's about all I can do today with what I have to work with. Gonna go grab a new heat gun since mine walked, some clear poly and some new 8ga. ring terminals in the morning. If everything dries quick enough, I SHOULD have this bad boy in and pounding tomorrow night! :) Of course the new sub has to break in and they will be getting no where near full power, but will give me an idea of what it's gonna sound like.

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Looks good! I'm curious to hear how it sounds, I know you were planning on experimenting with your ports a bit, I'm glad to see you went with three 6" ports.

I would suggest putting some more bracing in, if you can. I try to not have anything greater than a 12" unbraced span in the boxes I build. In your case I'd be most concerned about the bottom panel and the sides. You could put in some triangle shaped pieces to brace the bottom against the sides. Just a suggestion.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Looks good! I'm curious to hear how it sounds, I know you were planning on experimenting with your ports a bit, I'm glad to see you went with three 6" ports.

I would suggest putting some more bracing in, if you can. I try to not have anything greater than a 12" unbraced span in the boxes I build. In your case I'd be most concerned about the bottom panel and the sides. You could put in some triangle shaped pieces to brace the bottom against the sides. Just a suggestion.

Thanks! And you mean like smaller corner bracing around the bottom of the box? I was actually thinking of doing that and a vertical dowel as well. The all thread helps a lot, but I think it may need more.

ultimately decided that two, 6" aeros was not close to enough. Three of them equal out to right around the recommended port area, so hope it sounds good lol

Here is an example of the triangle braces I'm talking about, this is what I did for a FI SSD 15" box I built a while back:

fsIWE72.jpg

They don't have to be all fancy and curved, and you probably only need one per side, not two. I'd just make sure they extend at least halfway up the side of the box.

Some dowels wouldn't hurt either, I'm not a fan of threaded rod for braces, but that's another topic.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Here is an example of the triangle braces I'm talking about, this is what I did for a FI SSD 15" box I built a while back:

fsIWE72.jpg

They don't have to be all fancy and curved, and you probably only need one per side, not two. I'd just make sure they extend at least halfway up the side of the box.

Some dowels wouldn't hurt either, I'm not a fan of threaded rod for braces, but that's another topic.

That's not a bad idea and looks fairly easy to construct... I may give them a try! I have a little space to play around with and still keep optimal net size, so may as well beef it up as much as possible! :)

Ports are all flared and painted, putting them in now so more pics to come for tonight! :) Also got new ring terminals for speaker wires and terminal posts :) Ultimately decided on an Audiopipe GD6001 amp, 2200RMS @1ohm, gonna run @.5ohm. Older AP, over rated beast! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up gettin er done, FINALLY! lol.... My fiances Dad was killed in a car accident 1/4 mile from his house, on the way home from work :( Was a great man and they were vert close so that has occupied my time....

Anyways, did 3 coats of poly for now, fine sanding between each coat. VERY shiny, my Iphone 5s just is not a photo geared phone though and in conjunction with the terrible lighting, the shininess isn't that clear in the pics.

Painted the port tubes aluminum with clearcoat, not visible but I know they're there lol

158_zps2ca1edbf.jpg

Did simple bolts, lock washers and nuts for the speaker connections and used ring terminals for the ends.

159_zps3d9193a9.jpg

163_zps4085391f.jpg

Going to replace with copper bolts/nuts soon, just haven't had time to get to the hardware store, 20 miles away through ice lol.

Inside view of the completed box. Will put a few coats of glass on once I get the new Precision Ports and do that task lol, just want to hear it right now.

162_zpsf4e9aaeb.jpg

So the braces are tightened (box is NOT flexing btw), VERY strong with the all thread in there! Wires are ran inside the box and ports are painted and put in.

Archived