Second Skin Audio

3 subs

My voltage doesn't drop to much right now only at high volume but my stock alternator is 125 amp . I think if I just add or replace my stock battery with an xs power battery it would help alot I haven't checked my voltage with having both amps installed though ended up blowing my fuse only had a 50 amp anl fuse in the back it didn't last very long and nobody around me carries the anl fuses so I had to order one so no bass for a couple days. I will give stinger a call tomorrow and ask about a alternator maybe tax time I'll buy the alternator. I can get the battery for 260 online it's the xs power d3400

Do you know around how much they run if I'm not sending in a alternator?

$400+ but might depend on make and model. Email him, it might take a few days to reply because he is always swamped. The best investment you can make for your system is a HO alt IMO. Stock alts arent made for the strain amps can put on a system.

My voltage doesn't drop to much right now only at high volume but my stock alternator is 125 amp . I think if I just add or replace my stock battery with an xs power battery it would help alot I haven't checked my voltage with having both amps installed though ended up blowing my fuse only had a 50 amp anl fuse in the back it didn't last very long and nobody around me carries the anl fuses so I had to order one so no bass for a couple days. I will give stinger a call tomorrow and ask about a alternator maybe tax time I'll buy the alternator. I can get the battery for 260 online it's the xs power d3400

So you really dont know what your voltage was doing with both amps running? A good battery like XS is a great start, Do the Big 3 wire upgrade and then keep an eye on your voltage and then if needed you can get a HO alt. Low voltage to amps can cause strain on then a possible shorten there life, Plus there is a possibility that with low voltage your sending a dirty signal to your speakers. I am by far no expert but what i have learn is do the electrical system first with what budget your working with and then start to build your system that will keep up with your electrical.

SHCAwireupgrade2014008_zps4e6b747a.jpg

SHCAwireupgrade2014007_zpsbfc03aac.jpg

Crimperampwire2014008_zps213cb7b7.jpg

electricalupgrades2014002_zps8e3a4098.jp

electricalupgrades2014001_zpsdfc0fcd5.jp

Subupgrade2014005_zps52b5aeb7.jpg

I have about 2k in my electrical, i just wanted the strongest electrical i could build with a little headroom to grow if need be. Wire is spendy but getting the good shit is so worth it. Now of course you dont have to spend that kind of $ but it gives ya a idea of what people do.

Good Battery & Big 3 with OFC wire would be the best start IMO.

Really clean electrical I like it I probably won't spend that much on mine though I do have 0 gauge wire I still need to do the big 3 I have 2 smaller batteries in the back now there only around 16 ah a piece so there not helping to much. I do need to get some distribution blocks and another fuse holder so I can clean up the wires and make everything looks nice but working on a budget trying not to spend to much at one time. It's getting there slowly but surely lol .

Thanks, well your off to a great start, get that big 3 done cause that always helps on the charging system. I took me 3 yrs to get where i am at just trying to share knowledge with people. Keep us posted and get some pics up. Everyone always interested to see what others are working on.

Archived