SoundQubed 6.5 Components

redwolf2

So, I've been looking on here (as well as google) trying to find reviews on the SoundQubed 6.5 components. They look pretty good, and the tweeters are sharp looking.... And it would be a convenience thing to order 2 component sets with the amp to run them (and getting the free sound deadening) while I order my 2200 as well as repping the same company for everything.

So what's the word? Has anyone heard them or own them?

If it matters, setup would be....

2003 Sierra crew cab

6.5 comps front and back (on the 4-120 I think)

HDC3 15 (already have on 1200) on a 2200

Just would be nice to have matching amps and such as well....lol.

A little anal with some things. And no I will not go RF unless you'll personally sell me amps for the same price lol.

Thanks

I own a set and they sound pretty good. The tweets are pretty big compared to most components. Some people complain that they don't come with any wires or mounting hardware. The tweets are on the bright side and the mids sound great. For a hundred buck your not going to find true SQ components, but I think they are worth the price.

My set the glue failed on the mids and the cone separated from the basket on both mids. SQ is going to warranty them if I ever get around to shipping them off.

All SQ equipment would sound good. What HU are you running? Since the HU is your source of tuning and clean sound it really is the most important component to your system IMO. Ability to tune ok speakers can make them sound great vs having high end speakers you cant tune.

Plus proper install with sound deadening during install can make all the difference in the world.

When people say the speakers are bright its usually the tweeters are harshly high and if you can tune them down as well as the midrange driver you can get a lot better sound.

I have infinity & T2 tweeters that played harsh and I don't care for them like that. T1s & T3 are softer and smoother IMO with the experience that I have had with my set ups.

All SQ equipment would sound good. What HU are you running? Since the HU is your source of tuning and clean sound it really is the most important component to your system IMO. Ability to tune ok speakers can make them sound great vs having high end speakers you cant tune.

Plus proper install with sound deadening during install can make all the difference in the world.

Clarion VX709

Cool, then you have a great starting point to make those speakers sound good. Get them and run em. You can always upgrade if you dont like how they sound with out being down a bunch of $.

Archived