Greasemonkey2014 Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 As the title says I am planning for my first system. I bought at ct sounds 1400.1 and plan on buying a ct 60.4. I am trying. To decide on either 2 10s 2 12's or a single 15. I have looked into soundqubed hds15, ct sounds meso 15, sundown x 12 and 2 sundown sa12s. I am looking for a good sounding woofer to listen to country and rock. But I want something that will bang when I turn it up. Any suggestions or advice are welcome.
philrab Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 I suggest you read the forum rules regarding vs. threads and edit your post. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
Retnuhbackwords Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 ^^^^ What he said Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500 Performance: K&N Cold Air Intake Hedman headers 3" True duels Flowmaster Super 10's Magnaflow High Flow Cats G2 4:88 running gears New cooling system Superchips Flashpaq programmer Eaton lockers Audio: JL CP208W3V3 Kenwood X500-1 8 Gauge Memphis Power wire Kenwood DDX8901HD Exterior: Fabtech 9.5" lift 38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's 18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset) Diamond plate bed gaurds Diamond plate tool box Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs Recon LED Tail lights AMP Research Automated steps
Greasemonkey2014 Posted October 16, 2014 Author Report Posted October 16, 2014 I'm not limiting the post to those woofers. Those are just some I've seen. I just want to know what to look for in a sq woofer.
SlamminBeats Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 I'm not limiting the post to those woofers. Those are just some I've seen. I just want to know what to look for in a sq woofer. should probably figure out the size of the woofers first. what vehicle?
Greasemonkey2014 Posted October 16, 2014 Author Report Posted October 16, 2014 Mk4 jetta. I don't want to use the entire trunk so I have around 4 cubes. Can't fit anymore than a 15 height wise.
SlamminBeats Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 Mk4 jetta. I don't want to use the entire trunk so I have around 4 cubes. Can't fit anymore than a 15 height wise. 2 10s. need space for batts, amps, all the extra stuff.
Rich Schenk Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 http://shop.ct-sounds.com/product/strato-1-0-10-subwoofer They have strato 10s for super cheap I would do 2 of those. If it was me and you already bout ct sounds go all ct. On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said: Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science... Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/ 2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/ 2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded
Retnuhbackwords Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 The Sundowns should perform pretty well with all types of music. There is just so many different factors when making a system. I recommend looking on threads of people in the same situation as you. Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500 Performance: K&N Cold Air Intake Hedman headers 3" True duels Flowmaster Super 10's Magnaflow High Flow Cats G2 4:88 running gears New cooling system Superchips Flashpaq programmer Eaton lockers Audio: JL CP208W3V3 Kenwood X500-1 8 Gauge Memphis Power wire Kenwood DDX8901HD Exterior: Fabtech 9.5" lift 38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's 18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset) Diamond plate bed gaurds Diamond plate tool box Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs Recon LED Tail lights AMP Research Automated steps
Retnuhbackwords Posted October 16, 2014 Report Posted October 16, 2014 The Sundowns should perform pretty well with all types of music. There is just so many different factors when making a system. I recommend looking on threads of people in the same situation as you. Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500 Performance: K&N Cold Air Intake Hedman headers 3" True duels Flowmaster Super 10's Magnaflow High Flow Cats G2 4:88 running gears New cooling system Superchips Flashpaq programmer Eaton lockers Audio: JL CP208W3V3 Kenwood X500-1 8 Gauge Memphis Power wire Kenwood DDX8901HD Exterior: Fabtech 9.5" lift 38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's 18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset) Diamond plate bed gaurds Diamond plate tool box Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs Recon LED Tail lights AMP Research Automated steps
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.