Mazda CX-5 with SSA, IA and Focal

Now the box :

IMG_0947.jpg

Is that particle board?

I think where he is at it is hard to come by better materials... at least for cost... kinda remember him talking about this a long time ago

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I'll measure and figure out the space I have to work with so I can be sure to keep my work stuff in there. ( gotta be able to carry my gear or I'll be shit outta luck at times I need something and my gear is at times 10+ hours drive away )

Curious about some things.. I was going to ask when I had time.

1. Passive filters? Going to guess the little see through guys... Why? And what is their purpose.. Never seen them

2. Active system now? Going to assume the passive filters transforms the system to a passive nature?

3. Why did you need a DC isolater?

4.(most important) from your experience, which way did find to be the best to face sub inside or out? / back/top/bottom firing? / and same with port directionality?

Also, I'm waiting for hopefully a aftermarket Tablet based double din head unit to come out that can merge with the integrated systems. (light controls,l and all that BS Mazda runs through it.)

But to be Fair and Honest, I'm not entirely to worried about a head unit at all... With my Rockford 3.sixty.3 sound processor... It is absolutely and utterly amazing. I swear with all my previous vehicles using Kenwood Exceleon head units and some Alpine head units in the mix.... None have even remotely come close to even getting close to this amazing sound processor.

Short of some functions and Mazda's annoying oracle based software, that's about the only drawback. But I've hacked the System and configured it to a somewhat better state and removed some annoying aspects.

looks nice sir,i like those amps

2000 blazer LS

240 mechman

2 b2 HN v3 15s

crescendo bc5500 @.5

1/0 ebflex ofc

d680/g31

kenwood deck

mb quart components

crescendo pwx 8s

lots more to come

blazer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/204432-shadowcasters-2k-blazer/

142.8db MECA

2016 PA state champ mod 1 class

I'll measure and figure out the space I have to work with so I can be sure to keep my work stuff in there. ( gotta be able to carry my gear or I'll be shit outta luck at times I need something and my gear is at times 10+ hours drive away )

1. Passive filters? Going to guess the little see through guys... Why? And what is their purpose.. Never seen them

2. Active system now? Going to assume the passive filters transforms the system to a passive nature?

Also, I'm waiting for hopefully a aftermarket Tablet based double din head unit to come out that can merge with the integrated systems. (light controls,l and all that BS Mazda runs through it.)

But to be Fair and Honest, I'm not entirely to worried about a head unit at all... With my Rockford 3.sixty.3 sound processor... It is absolutely and utterly amazing. I swear with all my previous vehicles using Kenwood Exceleon head units and some Alpine head units in the mix.... None have even remotely come close to even getting close to this amazing sound processor.

Short of some functions and Mazda's annoying oracle based software, that's about the only drawback. But I've hacked the System and configured it to a somewhat better state and removed some annoying aspects.

Mite want to just go with a 12 . 15 is going to take up a lot of space.

The passive filters are crossovers for the speakers to keep some unwanted frequencies from playing through the speakers. . Going active is being able to have low pass and high pass filters on each speaker . Can control everything alot better

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Now the box :

Is that particle board?

I think where he is at it is hard to come by better materials... at least for cost... kinda remember him talking about this a long time ago

I don't know how to call that ! It's not MDF, it's a kind of marine grade material. It's harder than MDF and lighter. I use bracing where I feel the pannel is weaker : it can be heared when you hit the pannel with your hand, for example.

I live on a small island, humidity is VERY high. MDF doesn't last too long in a trunk. This thing can last for years.

Have a look guys B)<_<

http://www.norwegian.com/us/thefrenchcaribbean

http://us.martinique.org/

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

4.(most important) from your experience, which way did find to be the best to face sub inside or out? / back/top/bottom firing? / and same with port directionality?

• The DC isolator is used for the mini dsp : so I can power it without using the usb input. It's made for that mini dsp.
  • Passive : tweets and mids were hooked on a passive filter. And then you just need a 2 channel amplifier.
  • Active : each speaker is on its own channel of amplification. You can control everything with a processor (a Digital Signal Processor).
  • I can see everywhere people saying that it's better to have sub up-port back in SUV and hatchbacks. I had hatchbacks in the past, but I always had sub up-port up. I decided to change the game, and my box designer was ok with that ! Port to passenger side should be louder on the Termlab, but ...whatever.....I have the port to the driver side, and I like it. So no worry !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/library/MAZDAESI/Service%20Manuals/en_us/2016/CX5/html/engine_SKYG_2.0.html

Figured you would Appreciate this.

I found this when and posted this to the other forums I'm in, but its EVERY schematic for EVERY variant of CX 5 (Except Diesel I think :( .... But still 99% of it will remain the same)

think you could find one for mazda 3???? lol

http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/library/MAZDAESI/Service%20Manuals/en_us/2016/CX5/html/engine_SKYG_2.0.html

Figured you would Appreciate this.

I found this when and posted this to the other forums I'm in, but its EVERY schematic for EVERY variant of CX 5 (Except Diesel I think :( .... But still 99% of it will remain the same)

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123852372-2016-Mazda-CX-5-Touring-trying-to-do-a-complete-audio-uograde-(-non-bose-)

That's a run down of everything I've done and a bit of good info throughout it, I'd say. Not to rep another forums, just where I started at seeing how it's a forums based upon Mazda. You might find some good info for 6our cx5 or for the other guys Mazda 3.

This is a breakdown I made for the cx5's basic speaker setups as well as the link for the entire interactive.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123852469-OFFICIAL-2016-Mazda-CX-5-Speaker-Schematics-ALL-MODELS-and-VARIANTS&highlight=

And in regards to the Mazda 3 I could look, what year, make, model version, engine variant, ect. Im pretty good at finding stuff online :)

Archived