Second Skin Audio

Info on trunk box?

evermaxx

Some people need to stop trying help without the knowledge or experience to properly do so.

Evermaxx, 50cal will point you in the right direction. If you have the time, go through my old trunk builds. I have one with the box right t the back seats, and one with the box pushed back. The latter has a collar/tunnel from the box to the seat opening, with sealing panels built around that. Ill search for pics after I get back from the gas station.

Who's trying to help with no knowledge or experience? All I did was state two facts, when firing forward he should seal around the box and the subs shouldn't be TOO close to the seat backs. So my advice was pretty knowledgeable, not sure about anyone else's....

I don't think he was talking about you...

Push it as far back as you can, well for seats down.

Not sure how it would react with the seats up. I don't think it would be an issue, but I haven't tested it.

So even if I seal it was off, it's still better to push it back as far as I can?

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Not sure how it would react with the seats up. I don't think it would be an issue, but I haven't tested it.

So even if I seal it was off, it's still better to push it back as far as I can?

I would say yes. But your vehicle may react different. That Mayhem box gained .3 db with those trim panels and gorilla tape. Probably would have gained more if I finished sealing it off the right way.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I would say yes. But your vehicle may react different. That Mayhem box gained .3 db with those trim panels and gorilla tape. Probably would have gained more if I finished sealing it off the right way.
Okay, I'll guess I'll have to test different positions to see what works best. Sketching up some designs right now, even though it's for my girls car, I wanna have it nice. Prob end up looking better than mine haha. Still deciding on amps and highs. Going with XS Power batteries, and SHCA for all wire. Luckily I still have some wireleft over from my build

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Spare tire well is a big spot to make sure you seal off well. Could almost garuntee I can break a 147 clamping less than 1kw if I could seal my spare tire well...it's too far up though...reason the trunk latch is broke as well.

Definitely go look at ken's build log(s). DubNdodge has a really good trunk seal off job too that is pretty simple. Wick's....yeah enough said there it's mad.

On a side note....all of Ken's old trunk builds :( the DC 10's looked so beautiful. The mayhem's on the 7500 were such a fucking hoss. Too bad mustangs suck for meters. One of those loud as tits to the ear cars, sucks I probably won't ever get to hear a build from that car.

Yeah, those are the logs I've been looking at.. Then Wicks build is just pure fucking sex in every part LOL.

oh-stop-it-you-meme_zps5907d5c4.jpg

If you're gonna front fire then sealing off is a necessity IMO.

You lose a ton of energy rattling the trunk lid.

I gained at least 2-2.5dB from sealing my rear deck alone.

If you want to keep the seat up then how do you feel about cutting the rear deck? :o

Lots of room for modification there...if you're willing.

;)

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Well, with her system she has now the seats are down, only time they are up is when she has people back there (which is rare) or we take the dogs to the park. I was just wondering, if the seats had to go up, how far back I should build the box. This isn't going for numbers, just a nice daily system for her.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived