3-Way component set

reedal

It really depends on which Fosgates you have. Punch series or Power series and which generation. Power series were more expensive and cleaner power over all. Not saying the punch wasn't but, it would be like powering a muscle car with a v6 over a v8. it'll get you going but, won't have the power and won't sound as good. I am no SQ expert by any means but, I always keep that in that back of my mind now when discussing stereos. If you are entertaining the idea of going with a 3-way you are lookig for more than just louder muisc. Now it will do that flawlessly but, if you are going down that path make sure to step forward with your best foot. Weigh your options for amps and decide based on THD and Power ratings.

Personally, for my three way I have two four channels. One four channel bridged for the 6.5 and the other for the 4" and tweeter. So each speaker has its own channel. I ditched the passive crossovers and went active to achieve maximum output and control.

I believe they might be the Punch amplifiers. They both look the same as this from my memory, but i don't remember which models they are. I remember looking up the specs on the first one i received and it was 800x2 output. This one might be the second one i got because i remember it was a lower output.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-D45k8DLUrE8/p_575601S/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-601S.html

What I'm looking for overall is mids & highs to keep up with a 2400W substage. I want decent quality, but not trying to spend more than $300 on the components themselves. $500 max for components and amplifier. I think I'll just try to sell or keep the RF amps for a small build. I'll do the search for the components and amp myself, but I'm just not sure about how much power i'll need to push them with to flow with the substage.

Archived