Sonic Electronix

If you already have the amp and have the room just build the box bigger. Bigger box = more efficient, but lower mechanical power handling. On the other hand I personally wouldn't buy another amp. Maybe trade. You could look for a kicker zx1500 or fosgate t1500bdcp and get similar power at 2 ohms. There may be a couple other amps than do ~1500W at 2 ohms.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

If you already have the amp and have the room just build the box bigger. Bigger box = more efficient, but lower mechanical power handling. On the other hand I personally wouldn't buy another amp. Maybe trade. You could look for a kicker zx1500 or fosgate t1500bdcp and get similar power at 2 ohms. There may be a couple other amps than do ~1500W at 2 ohms.

There are many negatives of creating a box too large for a driver...

For one your group delay will be awful.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Not sure how concerned the OP is about group delay, but a fair point that I didn't know.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

I've been running at .5 for 6 months now daily. no issues (except a cracked box) but i also have a decent electrical to back it up. never drop below 13.4v amp doesn't get hot and sub don't get stinky. the "risk" for me is def worth it. sense i can't run at 1ohm and my sub wouldn't move with my amp @ 2ohm.

but like was said before... if you have to ask you shouldn't do it.

however your amp can.and will handle .5

id add 2 great batts (dual runs of 0g Can only help) and get a good volt meter in your dash. adding that i would run your amp at .5 just use your head.

the ho alt will help allot...but right now i don't have one and I'm doing fine with a 120amp.

0 voltage drop while driving btw.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Run at .5 its fine. But I'm running more electrical than you and I won't wire below 1ohm unless its warrantied . I work way too hard for my money to piss it away cause I didn't buy a big enough amplifier.

.5 for a daily is not recommended unless you are a seasoned vet who knows the risks and has proper electrical, usually not .5 daily though.

1 ohm is the lowest I'd go in my builds, I have done .5 for testing. Not that I think my amps can't handle it but simply because the stress and extra heat generated by the amp are not worth 1-2 tenth more on the meter.

Plus your electrical is not up to par, run at 2 ohms till you get decent electrical and find some dual 1ohm or dual 4ohm subs.

Upgrade your alt to biggest you can get: DC, Mechman, Singer. All good brands, DC charges a bit more but mine have never let me down. Singer and Mechman are very solid choices as well

As for batteries, a big Group 31 will do fine with 2000watts and a big alt to charge it, XS, Crescendo, Kinketik etc

Always overdo your electrical, people overlook that

you will gain more than 1-2 tenths going from 1 ohm to half.... try 1 to 1.5db.....

Also OP, I'm going to go against the general concensus and say do it

. What I forsee happening is your voltage will drop below battery resting voltage and you won't be able to play or demo for very long.

Worst case the amp's protection circuit (impedance or thermal) won't kick in when needed and you'll pop the amp. But the chances of that happening are slim if you're smart.

If something is hot: turn it down. If something smells: turn it down. Etc.

IMO if you're running an amp at 1 ohm you are not getting your money's worth. Yeah 90% of people won't agree with me but I'm just going off of personal experience.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw