Jump to content

RF pps4-6 issues


Ritch40

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone used the RF pps4-6 midrange speakers?

I recently installed a set of these into a custom made fiberglass enclosure and they have no midbass at all.

These enclosures give each of them between 1/4cuft and 1/3cuft.

I do plan to pack some polyfil into them in an effort to reduce the volume.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try?

Posted

They are Pro audio, they're not known for their midbass. It's crazy because my Punch Pro 6 has plenty. I guess it's install dependent, like everything :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I have about 125rms clean going to each of those.

This is the first time I have ever used pro audio type speakers. It would seem like I am learning something the hard way....lol.

At least this ( if I can't get them to sound like I would prefer) isnt a real expensive lesson.

Posted

Mine are just mounted in the stock speaker location right now and don't do bad for mids down to the low 100 hz. The really start falling on their ass when you try to get them to dig down to the low 80s.

I'm either doing 2 of them per door or one and an 8" midbass driver.

Call RF tech and ask the what they recommend for box volume. Might give you an idea of what's going on.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Clean......i will keep that in mind...lol

alaskan....i wish i could get mine down to 100 right now. I have not put an analyzer to things but i am willing to bet they arent currently dropping below 350Hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1427 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...