Project Lucii 2004 Suburban 4 10s, 4500w, 7 seats, daily'ed

Looks Great!

Thanks! it means a lot! now if only you guys could convince my local authority's that it "looks great", they cant seem to get over the blacked out suburban with rasta stickers on it for some reason :rolleyes:

also I am working on updating the first post with a list to keep track of things that are done, and things that are planned (partially for myself as well). The best way I can describe this portion of the build is the tip of the iceberg, im only 19 so im limited with resources right now, but I bought this truck to keep forever, if i had it my way it would be getting a C-pillar 4th order, full doors, lifted and on some 30" DUB baller's among much more. Which is why going to school and getting a good career is top on my priority list so I can afford to do that kind of stuff, well after the 4 10s of course :D

C pillar burbans are sex

A little advice: It gets harder to work on your ride the older you get, when I was 16 I was building or trading a new box every weekend. Growing up I would think to myself "Oh man! when I get a good job I'm gonna buy this that and the other." Then you get older, and life gets a little more complicated, girlfriends, bills, taxes, kids, mortgage etc...

If I could go back I would have bought the L@zy Hoe in my late teens and by now I may have had the whole thing finished! Currently with oil prices the way they are, and especially in TX, everyone is cutting costs and that means my job is a bit slow and the build is on hold until further notice.

You have the perfect vehicle to get LOUD! and ride clean as F@ck. I say take all the advise you can get out of the veterans here and start buying and building now, at your pace instead of waiting. Start with the heavy stuff first, subs, doors, fiberglass etc... Then make it pretty, loud comes first because it would suck to get it all pretty and scratch it mounting subs, ask me how I know :lol:

hahaha Thanks for the advice Juan, ill keep that in mind. although I know what you mean in some respects, money just got a bunch tighter when I found out I was offered conditional acceptance to school this fall, so the beautiful purple full glass doors I was planning got put on the back burner, may have to just work with some pods for now... Good thing I was already started this or I probably would have waited and just did something temporary. Once school is done ill hopefully have a little bit of play money and ill definitely have more time to work on things as opposed to working full time/school part time/building when I can right now.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

• 2 weeks later...

Wire crimper finally came today, a week late and I missed my weekend off work that I had planned to rough wire the whole truck, so much for SOTM march, but not a huge deal. Pic below. Probably won't get to really try it until maybe Monday, but its here none the less. Also, a puffy chested "peace officer" made me peel my front tint, reluctantly I did, but my other option was not just a ticked, but rather to have my truck seized and impounded. Not an option for me, getting tint reapplied always is. So currently it looks odd, but it wont be long before its back on.

20150314_184713_zpsi2iyvrwu.jpg

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

How much was your crimper?

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Juan, it was $40 before shipping and import tax, after shipping and taxes to Canada it came to just over $70 to my door. Smh Got to love Canada eh?

I got ancy and took a study break to my shop last night for a test crimp, didn't get to do the purple wire but tried one on the sky high wire. Couldn't be happier so far.

20150315_092547_zpsuuenzwso.jpg

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

Build progress to date; box is 97%, just have a couple spots to buff smoother and drill the holes for the speaker terminals (1/4" bolts) and the top inverted terminals. Subs all fitting nicely, my mounting plate is painted white and just awaiting a coat of clear which will be bolted to the floor, and then the box screwed to it. That piece will also house the rear battery and showcase some wiring. Also I just had to see my cable crimp colors beside each other, so the second test crimp is done haha, all my crimps are using this color combo. so minus some miscellaneous equipment which will be ordered from droppinhz hopefully tomorrow, and 2 amps, I have all my pieces built.

20150316_001507_zpscsg4j4tr.jpg

20150316_001531_zpsnmjv8ocx.jpg

20150316_001625_zpstfte3yt8.jpg

20150316_001853_zpswy6cdil7.jpg

20150316_002035_zpses2mttsg.jpg

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

Update time!

it was my weekend off work, and despite having wisdom teeth out and being told to take it easy, there was work to be done on the system, so here we go...

Yesterday (Saturday) I got the final coats on clear on the box, and got the truck prep'ed for the mounting, I bolted the white mounting tray pictured in the last post to the floor, and got as much wiring under the hood done as I could without my new battery terminals, so far there is just the engine ground, and alt power to an empty fuse box, i cant connect anything else to the stock battery terminals so im screwed until the new ones get here.

IMG_20150321_185159_zpsqdgbryhz.jpg

20150321_164238_zpszibuomej.jpg

Today (Sunday) I got a buddy to come help me lift this behemoth into the back, got it screwed down to the mounting tray so its removable however I have to take the subs out to do so. Its not bolted as much as I think it could be but it will work, i guess you could say its not going anywhere in the event of a sudden stop or fast corner, but its not "overdone" like I usually end up doing things. I also put the subs in with a few screws each, just because they are safer there then in my garage with people moving them and stepping over them and what not. I will have to remove them to wire them up when my next shipment of stuff comes anyway. On to the pictures...

20150322_150026_zpsev5joabt.jpg

20150322_153855_zpswpzykygc.jpg

20150322_160256_zpszh3mfn83.jpg

Thought this was a pretty good spot for my other Alpine decal...

20150322_161415_zpsqr13uz7p.jpg

And despite the large enclosure, I can still use the rear seat and seat 7 people. Mission accomplished!

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

Nice setup. definately get in on next months SOTM

Nice setup. definately get in on next months SOTM

Thanks Smoove! It means a lot! And yes, I could really use a new alt for this build haha so hopefully its up to par with some of the crazy clean entries.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

• 2 weeks later...

20150331_124451_zpsenztavgj.jpg

This was a PITA but its done. Only visible behind second row where it exits to the fuse boxes and for about 3" underneath the dash. As soon as my DroppinHZ order comes in with my battery terminals and what not I'll post more pictures of the wiring, cleanest wiring I've ever done though, I'm really happy the way this is coming together!

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update as of 4/9, BOTH Crescendo BC2000D amps are ordered from crescendo, they are out of stock however and have an "expected" ship date of 4/17 so that kind of delays me a little bit, and causes me to miss SOTM April which im really quite bummed about, but such is life, it will give me a chance to tie up some loose ends in the build anyway. The only parts im missing are the battery terminals, a pack of second skin for the hatch, and some misc wires, WHICH are in Canada, in a city about an hour away from me, in fact they should have been at my door yesterday or there abouts but again, such is life. Next update will most likely be when the amps arrive in which Ill picture bomb this thread with everything that I have missed, and maybe even a teaser video or two of the system to tie this thread over until I get a chance to really get it to do some work on camera.

Ive already begun planning out the front stage pods, although they will be even slower then the sub stage build because just my luck, it feels like the transmission is starting to take a dump on me (last automatic I ever buy, I have nothing but troubles with autos, 4 rides later and the only one that didn't have a trans issue was my 5 speed dodge), and also when august rolls around and tuition payments come up, ill get to be a broke ass school kid for a while, among other things going on of course... So yeah after the sub stage is finished this thread may sit idle for a few months until my shit collects itself in a neat little pile and stops flinging towards the rotating blades again.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW