Second Skin Audio

Sub Positioning

audioman21

I want to go sealed on this application in a 2001 Chevy Malibu.the reason I asked is because I heard that when you have multiple subs firing in different directions it causes cancellation,same thing when up firing in a trunk there's not enough room for the bass to reflect right or something.Don't know if it's right i was just double checking.I'm not competing I just want to move a good amount of air so a little db loss won't matter.

You are correct, you will get cancellation if you fire 2 forward and 2 to the rear. Unless it's 2 seperate boxes. Doing 4 up would work a little better but won't acheive the sound you are looking for.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Do you think a single 18"Q facing up with the port facing the rear work better? I know that in a sedan subs and port facing the rear is the best because of the waves reflecting.I really wanna do a wall but its out of the question because of the kids,but I do still get to use the whole trunk.

Do you think a single 18"Q facing up with the port facing the rear work better? I know that in a sedan subs and port facing the rear is the best because of the waves reflecting.I really wanna do a wall but its out of the question because of the kids,but I do still get to use the whole trunk.

Does the rear seat fold down?

If you really can, I would fire the sub and port into the cabin and seal it off from the trunk. if not then either sub up or to the back and port back.

Leave enough room around the sides of the box so the sound will bounce back into the cabin.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived