First Big Build: F150, 2 Fi Team 15s, AB 1100.1, Singer Alt and More

Any pics of your homemade guide system? Your pieces came out damn near perfect, never been able to do that with a jerry rigged guide.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

i like were this is going! nice choice of equipment.

Thanks man! Did a lot of research and playing around with different ideas before I made my decision.

I've been following your build too (turned out great!). My setup before this was actually 2 JL13W7s too....can't wait to hear these Fi subs!

Any pics of your homemade guide system? Your pieces came out damn near perfect, never been able to do that with a jerry rigged guide.

I'll post something tomorrow (don't feel like going out to the garage right now). Nothing fancy though....just a finished 1x4 piece of pine that I measured from the blade to the guide for each cut and held down with clamps).....it took awhile to get all those cuts done! haha

I need to just get a thin piece of wood to fasten to the 1x4 so I don't have measure the distance between the blade and guide each time.....would've made things much easier if I had just done that in the first place.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

This is what I have in mind for bracing but do you guys think that the bracing (in red) against the back edge of the port would affect tuning? *That piece would be on the top and bottom.

C2070599-4850-4644-A0BA-A47C5AEC013A_zps

Should I shorten the bracing piece to stop before it reaches the end of the port wall?

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

you will be blown away by those team fi, they will make it hard to breath right,and mess with your internal organs! the 13w7s nice sound quality,high price meh! also you could use angle iron for your braces around the port,its flatter and pretty strong.

2 subs on 10k is not magical... it will be loud but nothing that will take your breath away... for that he will need more subs and power

not saying it wont work just saying dont think of it as what will it do because chances are you will end up disappointed... seen many builds with 4 subs 20k power and not hit 57. owner disappointed cause he thought it would do more..

2 subs on 10k is not magical... it will be loud but nothing that will take your breath away... for that he will need more subs and power

not saying it wont work just saying dont think of it as what will it do because chances are you will end up disappointed... seen many builds with 4 subs 20k power and not hit 57. owner disappointed cause he thought it would do more..

this is true, but I'm just going off the experience i had with my setup,and i ended up much happier. also I'm not sealed off in my truck,he is taking out the back seats so it seems that it would be pretty loud right behind him. idk just a thought.

you will be blown away by those team fi, they will make it hard to breath right,and mess with your internal organs! the 13w7s nice sound quality,high price meh! also you could use angle iron for your braces around the port,its flatter and pretty strong.

Yeah, I got the W7s about 10-11 years ago when they first came out and they've held up really well.....definitely not a bad sub but for the price, completely agree. Back then I thought those were the best subs ever made (didn't know any better). haha

I considered using the angle iron but I'm trying to avoid using a ton of screws.....still have time to decide though so I might end up doing that (gluing the pieces together is taking forever with limited clamps!)

Miguels, on 01 Nov 2014 - 3:01 PM, said:snapback.png

this is true, but I'm just going off the experience i had with my setup,and i ended up much happier. also I'm not sealed off in my truck,he is taking out the back seats so it seems that it would be pretty loud right behind him. idk just a thought.

Going from the two W7s in a car trunk to the teams in a truck cabin is going to be a huge difference just with the environment alone. I'm not trying chase numbers on the meter or anything like that, just want some nice subs and decent power and I'll be happy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an amateur compared to most of the members on here but one thing I have learned is that without setting everything up and testing it, you really can't say what it will or won't do.

I don't know anyone around me that's into this like I am and have never heard anything like some of the systems on here. The loudest setup I've ever heard was 12 years ago, 2 vega strokers walled to b-pillar in a s-10 pickup. Other than that, my W7s moving a little air is pretty much the extent of my experience with "loud" setups. So, I have no doubt that I will be more than happy with this build.

I get what you're saying though, Miguels.

I'll be posting more updates (pics) later tonight or tomorrow!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

if you haven't heard anything loud in long time them you will notice a big difference..its when you hear really loud setups and you get same gear in hopes to do the same its when you will get disappointed

from the w7 its a big step

Archived