First Big Build: F150, 2 Fi Team 15s, AB 1100.1, Singer Alt and More

Glad to see you enjoying your router

You seem to be doing well with it so far (work is beautiful thus far), and it will only get better with experience and more bits.

Make sure to brace everything you can, baffle walls included

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

Looks great man, can't wait to see the finish! Really nice craftsmanship!!!

Thanks!

Glad to see you enjoying your router

You seem to be doing well with it so far (work is beautiful thus far), and it will only get better with experience and more bits.

Make sure to brace everything you can, baffle walls included

Love it....stood in Lowes the other day looking through all the bits....can't wait to get more.

Planning on it! Thanks!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

So, I decided I wanted to make sure the baffle had as much support as I could give it so I made a couple changes.

Cut off 3/4" from each inner side and made new port pieces......

EC4D972A-939A-4553-9804-11A0D04379C5_zps

0D8E8A34-7555-418E-A165-226D0F44BB73_zps

The blade I had to use to cut through the baffle did a horrible job....cuts were terrible (was pretty pissed) but with a little sanding it didn't turn out too bad. With a little wood glue, added bracing which I already planned on adding and some bondo glass (tiger hair), it should be solid.

(picture below is with pieces just propped up).

3FD64306-E249-4D5B-A191-4BC7159C5BAB_zps

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Looking sweet man. I personally would do some type of window brace in between the sides of the box and the port walls along with at least one piece of birch or mdf in between the port walls. It adds a little more surface area in there, but it will make that port so much stronger in the long run which is a big deal with those subs. Awesome choice in equipment by the way. Good work.

Looking sweet man. I personally would do some type of window brace in between the sides of the box and the port walls along with at least one piece of birch or mdf in between the port walls. It adds a little more surface area in there, but it will make that port so much stronger in the long run which is a big deal with those subs. Awesome choice in equipment by the way. Good work.

I'm planning on putting in some 3/4" pipe and flanges from top to bottom and port wall to side wall (each side).

I considered putting something between the port walls but didn't want to take away from port area..... :shrug:

Thanks man!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

:popcorn: you got my attention, curious, how those subs treat that box.

Any concerns or suggestions?

:popcorn: you got my attention, curious, how those subs treat that box.

Any concerns or suggestions?
nothing imparticular just workin with a similar sub , not sure if im feelin my box design gonna have to wait n see after I drop the subs in to see the output...

SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived