Horrible ground loop noise from bass amp?

Ok, so after installing the system for my gf's daughter I handed her the keys as promised and that was it.

As teenagers are, they do not communicate very well and I can only assume she didn't mention the amp noise in fear

of the truck being down for a few days. When questioned I got an "ah yeah....." Kids!!!

I had the Jimmy for 2 days finishing off the suspension. 3/4" drop. Much nicer stance.

19ed8d3d-0f20-460f-bbb3-eb43f184aaa8_zps

I noticed that the Avionixx CXD2800M was making a ground loop growling sound when the truck was started.

At first I thought it was the amp being cold because this growling is intermittent, it would go away after driving awhile. Thinking it was a cheap amp, you know.

b604474a-ffda-4bf9-a1b4-fc4f8c33b381_zps

Now it's even worse, louder and louder. I thought it was the amp, so I swopped it out for my spare JL Audio J2 1000/1 amp. This amp started out as it should, no weird noises. After a day,....same thing. A loud obvious ground loop/ alternator whine when the truck is running.

I tested the Avionixx in my Bimmer, and the amp played as it should, no weird ground loop/alternator noise with the Bimmer running.

Are GM vehicles prone to these sort of problems with ground loop???

Things I have tried:

1.The Avionixx CXA1040 4 channel has it's own ground and plays just fine. I disconnected the ground from the 4 channel to rule out any ground loop and still the bass amp has that noise!!

2. Ran the CD player ground to the chassis. Either factory plug in ground or direct chassis had no affect on this growling noise.

3. Changed the RCA cables. No difference. No RCA, no noise!

4. Source unit swopped, Pioneer 3200DVD to a Kenwood Exleon x990, and no difference either.

I think it's the truck itself!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Frank

battery + was loss.

Also, tried grounding the subwoofer RCA's again. This time, I used electrical tape to secure the wire winding around the female RCA on the Kenwood, and that seemed to work!!!

Hopefully problem solved. will recheck in the AM.

Thanks guys!!

-Frank

Archived