96saturnsl Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 So its been a while sense I've been on here and sense I have no setup in my car I'm looking for some opinions if everyone doesn't mind. I'm interested in trying a bandpass box I've never done one and figure I'll give it a shot. So the sub's I would like to use would be 8" or 10". I have around 700 to spend on sub's and a amp. I prefer lower end bass and want to build something that's loud and makes people wonder how. Thanks in advance. Oh and the car is a 2012 Impala Lt.
Jeff4661 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 Are you going prefab on the box?? I'm going to assume no? I'd recommend an sundown sa-8 or sa-10 both around $200-300 (unless u buy used) Amps in Ur budget I'd try to find a used crescendo that does 600-1000rms Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Joe X Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 You will find that most bandpass builds will have their users going back to ported, only on some circumstances bandpass boxes are loud and good sounding, you will suffer a lot finding an alignment that satisfies you and modding the box for tests, picking the right subs is a very important step. many Sundown and DC subs are fit for the job. If you want loud and low ported is the way to go, just get the most cone area and power your budget and space allows for.
96saturnsl Posted November 4, 2014 Author Report Posted November 4, 2014 Yea I will be making the enclosure myself. I thought about ported and I've always had ported I just figured I'd try something a little different for a change.I've always wanted to use small sub's and make a loud setup that shocks people who see it. With 8s or tens tho I'm worried in a ported box it will take more of the smaller sub's to get it loud. Im shooting for 140 if I hit that or close I'd be happy. Not even sure if its possible with a pair of 8s due to cone area and I've never used small sub's so any input is helpful.
Jeff4661 Posted November 4, 2014 Report Posted November 4, 2014 I honestly think with a proper box and amp you could hit 140 with a pair of 8s watch a few YouTube videos (just for reference) of the SUNDOWN SA-8V2 there's a couple that get pretty good mirror and Window flex on just 1 8 Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Aj11 Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 I've been wanting to do 2 8s the ct meso 8s to be exact in a plexi backed 4th since they came out. but I'm right there with you on making 2 small subs sound like a a few big subs. even tho i went with a massive 15 myself... jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Jeff4661 Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 but I'm right there with you on making 2 small subs sound like a a few big subs X2 I just don't want to give up my cone area Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
GassenD Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 Are you going prefab on the box?? I'm going to assume no? I'd recommend an sundown sa-8 or sa-10 both around $200-300 (unless u buy used) Amps in Ur budget I'd try to find a used crescendo that does 600-1000rms 8 = $179 (New) 10 = $189 (New) '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
Aj11 Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 yea i was gonna say there only $200 subs. but our over seas friends have to pay $3/400 for the same subs. to be honest the type r tens get damn loud and there really cheap. but you need to give them more space then the sa. a ten in a 2ft cube box would shock you. think there like $100 bucks now jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
RainStryke Posted November 6, 2014 Report Posted November 6, 2014 I've been looking into doing something like this as well. I've had my mind set on a SoundQubed HDC310 for a while now. I'd put it on a Crescendo S1500.1 since it's a small amplifier with a good amount of power.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.